|Title||Manager, Experiential Marketing Acceleration
|Region||Twin Cities Metro
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie’s, Lara Bar, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, and then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
General Mills communications is home to a group of experts that are among the best in the business. Our purpose is to serve the business by creating brand building ideas and remarkable executions that generate growth. We share a true excitement and passion for marketing across these key areas:
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Shopper Marketing
This is a brand new position to the organization! As a Manager of Experiential Acceleration – a key member of the Marketing Communication team – you will chart the agenda and roadmap for the company in the ever-evolving area of experiential marketing. You will be looked at as the expert in this field, and will have the unique ability to influence the direction of the overall function. Your insights, experience, expertise and industry knowledge will shine as you influence our US brands to drive greater experimentation and consumer engagement through consumer-first experiences. By working with brand teams and agency partners, you will identify new, innovative partners, capabilities and techniques to pursue to create competitive advantage in experiential marketing for General Mills and our diverse portfolio of leading brands.
In this role you will:
- Infuse brands’ consumer plans with innovation fueled by a rich understanding of consumers and the experiential landscape
- Be the go-to expert in regard to experiential marketing trends, opportunities, issues and best practices
- Inform the strategic agenda for where and how to play in the dynamic, ever-changing world of experiential marketing
- Benchmark innovative external brands and their experiential marketing plans
- Work with MarComm leads and agency partners to understand brand needs and opportunities
- Make bold bets for experiential experimentation including identification of appropriate brands/campaigns
- Maintain high-quality relationships with key experiential agencies
- Develop and oversee agency partnerships and the annual partnership planning process
- Steward joint business plans with select experiential partners to unlock learning and competitive advantage
- Work with consumer insights and measurement teams to set metrics that matter for new executions
- Identify and spearhead work against important experiential-related challenges (risk management, quality control, etc)
- Ensure compliance with General Mills marketing guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or equivalent required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in experiential marketing
- Previous experience developing and executing experiential marketing programs
- Strategy, communication, negotiation, and relationship building skills are keys for success
- Packaged foods/goods experience preferred
|Compensation & Benefits||