Incorporated in 1949, Chicago-based Walsh Construction is one of the city’s largest and most respected general contracting, construction management and design-build firms, and recognized as a top-15 contractor nationally. The firm operates out of regional offices across North America, working with union labor and union subcontractors in the building, civil and transportation sectors.
Walsh is currently seeking a Proposal Coordinator for the Commercial Building Division.
As a member of Walsh’s Communications team, you will need to be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where clear and precise communication is critical to the continued growth of the business. As a Proposal Coordinator, you will be on the front lines of this endeavor, helping to secure the new business projects. You must be meticulous, collaborative, a quick learner, a multi-tasker, passionate about communication and the AEC industry. You should also be eager to wear many different hats and support the team at all times.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Coordinate with proposal manager and various team members to prepare proposals including formatting, layout, technical writing and proofreading
- Respond to external requests for prequals, qualifications, etc.
- Assist in creating materials such as project write-ups, case studies, resumes for proposal documents and client presentations.
- Facilitate client presentation preparation include slide deck development
- Research, write, and update information including project descriptions, resumes, and other qualification materials
- Research competitors, markets and sectors by identifying and evaluating characteristics, market share, etc.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering
- Read and analyze RFQ/RFP’s and edit proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity and compliance with requirements
- Manage strong working relationships with staff to ensure proposal input is accurate, compelling and timely
- Interface with technical professionals in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documents
- Work with marketing team to update marketing collateral
- Manage electronic proposal files, including network database and SharePoint files, and ensure file closeout procedures are followed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Journalism, or English
- 2-5 years of working experience, preferably in the AEC industry
- Experience working on federal projects proposals desired
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and oral)
- A good eye for visualization, layout, and/or graphic design skills to facilitate appealing and effective communication
- Proficiency in desktop publishing, presentation and other marketing related software
- Experience in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Strong writing and editing skills (including grammar and punctuation)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and excellent proofreading abilities
- Ability to multi-task, be proactive, work independently or in a team setting and establish priorities
- Efficiently work under pressure in a dynamic deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Professional and SharePoint)
|Compensation & Benefits||