|Company||World Council of Credit Unions
|Title||Corporate Communications Manager
World Council of Credit Unions is the global trade association and development agency for credit unions and savings and credit co-operatives. Our international development programs assist credit unions and their associations to promote economic development, providing access to financial services to improve health outcomes, foster micro, small and medium-sized enterprise growth, increase food security, advance educational achievement, develop mobile payment networks, support communities at risk and encourage legislative reform and regulatory systems development. World Council represents more than 208 million members of 57,000+ credit unions in 103 countries across the globe.
This position is primarily responsible for the tactical and strategic management of World Council’s corporate communications:
- Develop the corporate communication strategy balancing the needs of stakeholders both within and external to the organization
- Execute the annual communications plan activities
- Lead the development and production of World Council’s digital content
- Provides quality control of corporate communications to maintain cohesive branding and messaging at the same time acting as a shared resource for communication needs throughout the organization.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: In accordance with the corporate communication strategy, this position will be either directly responsible for (or coordinate with internal departments) the following:
Corporate Digital Presence.
- Responsible for the overall quality and cohesive feel of the website and oversee the process for regular updates to the website to include not only developing corporate-wide content but also serving as a resource to other departments.
- Provide internal departments with direction and/or a roadmap for their digital presence in alignment with the corporate communication strategy.
- Build, maintain and/or coordinate the management of World Council’s digital brand across identified multi-media platforms, including all relevant social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs) and subsites.
- Analyze KPI’s using multiple data sources (Facebook Insights, Google Analytics and 3rd party servers), provide reports to senior management, and develop recommendations regarding opportunities for continued enhancements.
- Manage the corporate database of video and photos along with any required releases to be able to use the media.
Written / Print Communications.
- Write and/or edit editorial product (e.g., blog posts, news releases, newsletters) for internal or external distribution.
- Secure coverage in national and international trade publications.
- Manage the production of the annual reports and infographics to demonstrate World Council’s achievements in terms of strategic industry focused leadership, advocacy impact and development program impact.
- Lead cross-departmental editorial meetings to coordinate staff communication needs and timing.
Online Awareness of Advocacy and Development Activities.
- Provide support to the advocacy and project development departments, assisting in the creation of communications and press releases to be distributed to external stakeholders.
- Showcase the impact of World Council’s national and international advocacy programs.
- Work with Program Managers and Business Development Manager to strategically market World Council’s capacity to fulfill strategic donor objectives and showcase its economic and social impact.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Database.
- Lead the cross-departmental CRM team and oversee standards for the database and it usage as a relationship management and marketing tool.
- Act as a resource for other staff within the organization using the CRM.
Video and Graphic Design Support.
- Assist internal departments with development of multi-media presentations.
- Manage the relationship with video and graphic design consultants, providing content, editing and art direction, for logos, corporate collateral, reports, infographics, etc.
- Maintain World Council’s corporate PowerPoint templates and provide support as needed to staff using the templates.
- On a periodic basis, review all publications produced and provide recommendations to the Senior Management Team for changes to better align with the corporate communications strategy and needs of World Council’s stakeholders.
- Manage print publications inventory and the on-line and electronic distribution of corporate publications.
- Respond to external based corporate information requests and coordinate information requests assigned to other departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Journalism, Marketing or Communications.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in marketing, public relations, communications or a related field.
- Experience with a trade associations of charitable foundations a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately and with discretion.
- Intermediate language skills required including the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Excellent grammar, editing and writing skills.
- Fluency in English is required; bi-lingual skills not required but considered a plus.
- Basic mathematical skills required including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Intermediate reasoning skills required including the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing conditions and circumstances.
- A self-starter, capable of working independently and solve problems.
- Strong organizational and work planning ability with ability to manage multiple projects at once in deadline driven environment.
- Proficiency in computer-based systems including databases, various Internet browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat (e.g., editing documents and creating forms).
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator preferred.
Digital Media Skills:
- Experience in building or maintaining web presence and digital brands across identified multi-media platforms along with analysis of user analytics.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
TRAVEL: Up to 20 days per calendar year; domestic and international.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Click here to learn more about World Council's culture and benefits. http://www.woccu.org/careers/company_culture