|Company||Shriners Hospitals for Children
|Title||Public Relations Specialist
|Region||Twin Cities Metro
Shriners Hospitals for Children® is changing lives every day through innovative pediatric specialty care, world-class research and outstanding medical education. Our 22 facilities, located in the United States, Canada and Mexico, provide advanced care for children with orthopaedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate.
Walk into a Shriners Hospitals for Children® and the first thing you notice is that it does not feel like a hospital at all. In our hospitals you will find colorful spaces, smiling children and people who are passionate about caring for kids. Everything we do here is designed to make children and their families feel at home, while delivering life-changing medical care.
Shriners Hospitals for Children® offers career opportunities to clinical and non-clinical professionals; as well as educational and research opportunities. The work environment is mission driven, high quality and provides great satisfaction to all professionals through the unique health care setting.
Under the direction of the department director, the public relations specialist is responsible for the hospital’s media relations, social media, and written communications marketing efforts. Internal and external communication projects include copywriting for the hospital’s website, intranet, brochures, newsletters, Leaders in Care magazine, and maintaining photo archiving and consents. The public relations specialist will be responsible for integrating their copy with graphic design and will be the main liaison to the graphic designer coordinating the design and production of all hospital marketing materials. This person should have savvy media relations skills, as well as good local media contacts and an appetite to seek out, research, and pitch interesting stories that will garner coverage. This individual will also be responsible for sharing our story on multiple social media channels while also tracking and reporting results. Other responsibilities include providing informative tours to external visitors, presentations within the community, Shrine relation activities, and the planning/execution of special events.
- Cultivate local media contacts and increase media's awareness and understanding of hospital's mission
- Seek out, research and pitch interesting stories that will garner outside media attention
- Write and distribute press releases/media alerts
- Represent hospital through speaking engagements at community events
- Research and write patient stories for publication in internal and external materials
- Assist other departments with internal and external hospital communication
- Assist with development of multimedia website and intranet content and design
- Assist with development of social medial marketing strategies
- Assemble information, research and write stories, interview staff and pitch ideas to include in newsletter or on hospital website
- Design and develop various publications and/or multimedia assets for hospital educational, event, service line and informational purposes
- Assist with planning and implementation of major hospital events by serving on planning committee; create and implement promotional plan, coordinate volunteers, assist with overall event management
- Research media outlets and publications to submit hospital information
- Create marketing opportunities for the hospital; individualize strategies for various campaigns
FTE: 0.50. Part-time, 20 hours per week.
- Educational requirements; Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
- 2 years of related work experience.
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of photographic and audiovisual equipment including Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook.
|Compensation & Benefits||