|Title||Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Intern
About Rocket Clicks & The Team:
We are a diverse group of individuals with a broad range of experience and we love the work we do. We don’t compete with each other, but rather are fueled by each other’s successes. We are in pursuit of constant improvement. When we win, we win together.
We live our values. Those values are:
- We are curious. We crave knowledge because we love learning and want to be the best.
- We exhibit emotional intelligence. We are epathetic nd conduct ourselves with composure.
- We reach. We dont want to be told. We are proactive.
- We inspire confidence. People trust our decision making.
- We are ego-free. We prioritize what's best for our business (and our clients business) over what's best for ourselves.
We don’t seek clients, we seek partners. Our partners span across industries and the globe, including several Top 500 e-retailers. We aren’t just a vendor, but strive to be viewed as strategic partners for their online marketing efforts.
Rocket Clicks’ Commitment to Culture:
- Delicious coffee flows from a micro kitchen stocked with healthy snacks & drinks
- Fun & inspiring cultural and volunteerism events
- Weekly team member recognition, training & industry updates
- Access to internal library that features best-selling books about business, industry, and self-improvement
- Individualized coaching for leadership and professional development
- Casual dress code
Rocket Clicks is seeking a Search Engine Optmization Intern to join their growing team!
What You Can Expect From Your Experience:
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain experience in the world of internet marketing while making a difference in actual client accounts, then we need to talk!
- You will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced analysts and managers in the exciting and evolving internet marketing industry.
- The analysis you do will help influence changes made in real accounts and websites, in turn improving our clients' online marketing performance.
- You will blend analysis and strategy to gain insight into the interworkings of search engine marketing principles as well as how SEM fits into each client's overall marketing strategy.
- Work to fully understand our clients' businesses as well as the mindset of their owners, customers and stakeholders and how they rely on internet marketing to achieve their business objectives.
- Learn the Rocket Clicks approach to SEO including the principles of technical SEO, content strategy, link building and local SEO.
- Work directly with our Organic Search Analysts and SEO Managers to seek out and identify poorly converting aspects of websites, ultimately improving clients' conversion rates.
- Learn industry insight tools and assist analysts and managers with market research and competitive analysis for clients across many different industries.
- Phone call outreach on behalf of clients for local link profile improvement
- Assist with content generation and publishing for client websites.
- Help client develop a public relations strategy by identifying press release content and targets
- Create and document a system for letting the local community know about upcoming events and seminars hosted by our clients.
- Attend team trainings and remain on the cutting edge of industry changes.
- Research industry trends and changes using internet marketing resources to grow your SEM knowledge and help provide material for our weekly industry updates.
- Always ask "How can I add value to our clients and our team?"
Characteristics We Look For In our Team Members:
- Lives our values daily.
- Possess a passion for internet marketing.
- Practices effective time management and prioritization in their everyday life.
- Understands the importance of attention to detail, and takes the time the double check.
- Analytical in nature and data driven decision maker.
- Enjoys being knee deep in data and spots trends in numbers easily.
- Remains flexible, versatile and copes with competing demands easily.
- Exhibits honesty and directness, and willing to give and receive feedback.
- Effectively transitions between team work and independent work smoothly.
- Prides themselves in being a self-motivator and operating with autonomy.
- Naturally a creative problem solver, not just a problem spotter.
Minimum requirements include current student, a completed 2-year degree or higher or at least 2 years experience in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word. Strong mathematics, statistical literacy and analytical skills. Must have a high attention to detail, good listening skills and an ability to follow directions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Able to work 24 hours per week during business hours of (8:30AM-5:00PM) for 12-18 week internship; Preferably Mo/Wed/Fri but flexible schedule within business hours is possible.
|Compensation & Benefits||
$11-$13/hour based on experience.