|Company||Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
|Title||SMSC Communications Specialist
|Region||Twin Cities Metro
Minnesota's Best Bet℠. Mystic Lake Casino Hotel, the premier gaming facility in the Midwest, continually creates unique entertainment experiences for its guests. In addition to a 150,000-foot gaming floor, Mystic Lake® offers luxurious hotel and spa accommodations, headline performers in the Mystic Showroom and The Meadows at Mystic Lake championship golf course. Three lively bars and seven distinctive restaurants cater to every taste, from upscale to casual. Located 25 minutes southwest of Minneapolis/St. Paul in Prior Lake.
Assists in planning, creating and implementing communications materials, media plans, and public relations programs.
- Distribute press releases to media contacts across the nation by: developing ideas for content, developing the relevant information, writing the text and obtaining approvals.
- Field media inquiries, prepare materials for submission, escort media, and track coverage of the SMSC and its enterprises in the media.
- Update and maintain the media database for distribution of press releases.
- Work with various media outlets to get stories about the SMSC placed. Monitor coverage of the Community in newspapers and publications, and work with reporters to develop story ideas, correct their mistakes, and encourage accurate reporting about the Community.
- Write and take photos for various SMSC publications. Make suggestions for stories, layout, and photo selection.
- Shoot photos at various SMSC events.
- Other duties as assigned. To include: writing speeches for the Business Council, conducting tours of the reservation, coordinating film projects, escorting film crews for approved projects, etc.
- Any combination of post-secondary education in liberal arts, journalism, communications or related field and experience in marketing, communications or related field to equal three years.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as an active participant in team projects
- Proficiency in word-processing, database and presentation software packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record may be required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Some outdoor work - 20%.
|Compensation & Benefits||