|Company||Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging
|Region||Twin Cities Metro
|City||North St. Paul
First, Let Us Introduce Ourselves:
We are Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging, a leader, advocate and partner in the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan region for 23 years. As an agency focused on the many aspects of aging well, we support communities, older adults, caregivers, aging-related sectors and others to help the population age successfully in the manner each individual prefers. We are entrepreneurial, innovative and growing with a strong commitment to diversity – a perfect environment for a creative and forward-looking communications leader. This position will be part time initially.
What Strengths Are We Looking For?
- Strategic thinking with ability to effectively create and implement communication strategies. Demonstrated knowledge of communication platforms, including social media and website.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for working in a mission-focused nonprofit.
- A big picture thinker who can efficiently and accurately manage details.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Facilitate the development of a strong social media platform and continue development of website content and enhancements to broaden and strengthen the MAAA brand.
- Develop and implement external communications strategies relevant to agency’s strategic priorities.
- Develop and implement internal communication strategies to support board- and staff-related communication opportunities.
- Facilitate and regularly evaluate the agency’s communications plan, including producing and disseminating outreach tools such as the annual report, e-newsletters, and web site content and maintaining the MAAA brand.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities and prepares talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting communication, as needed.
- Participate in strategic planning for the organization.
- Collaborate with leadership team providing leadership in formulating strategies and plans for MAAA’s current and future business.
What Skills Do You Need To Be Considered for This Position?
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, brand management, public or business administration or related field.
- Minimum of five years related experience in developing and implementing communication strategies.
- Knowledge of aging services, health care and the non-profit sector strongly preferred.
- Ability to align communication strategies and tactics with organization’s priorities.
- Ability to take knowledge and transform it into relevant and compelling messages, and disseminate it to target audiences.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Highly collaborative working style.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and to work innovatively.
- Strong competency in computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, SharePoint.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and/or HTML preferred.
|Compensation & Benefits||
What Are The Perks?
- Strong, consistent history of growth, financial stability, and effective leadership,
- Generous paid time off benefit of 26 days/year plus 8 holidays (prorated),
- Pension plan with 5% match,
- Professional challenge,
- Positive and collaborative work environment, and
- Opportunity to make a significant impact in a growing and visionary organization.