|Title||Graphic Design Intern
VISIT Milwaukee markets the greater Milwaukee area as the destination of choice for conventions, events, and leisure travel, thereby increasing the economic impact of tourism.
The Greater Milwaukee Convention and Visitors Bureau, D.B.A. VISIT Milwaukee, is a private, non-profit corporation formed in 1967. As the main destination marketing organization (DMO) for the greater Milwaukee area, our primary goal is representing and promoting Greater Milwaukee as a premier destination for major conventions, corporate meetings, group tours, and business and leisure travelers. Our goal of increasing visitor and meeting generated revenue is achieved through sophisticated and integrated sales, services, marketing, and public relations programs geared to local, regional, national and international target markets. Through this process, VISIT Milwaukee is able to reach new and existing markets to increase visitors and economic impact to Greater Milwaukee.
VISIT Milwaukee is offering a graphic design internship opportunity within the marketing and communications department. VISIT Milwaukee’s marketing department is charged with elevating the image of branding Milwaukee as a premier destination for meetings, conventions and leisure travel. The department also supports the entire in-house VISIT Milwaukee team with marketing projects requiring creative vision, such as annual guides, ad sales and digital projects. Additional departmental creative project requests include invitations, flyers, brochures, posters, traditional print & digital ads, postcards, sell sheets, website graphics, email newsletters, social media graphics, signage, promotional giveaways, guides, maps, street pole banners, annual report, PowerPoint presentations, photo shoots, video productions, etc.
VISIT Milwaukee’s Graphic Design Intern supports the creative marketing needs of the organization in several ways.
- Graphic design and production for print and web projects using Adobe CC
- Participating in or coordinating logistics during photo or video shoots
- Assisting with special event signage and invitations
- Development and production of printed publications, maps, and more
- Website graphics and e-newsletter and email invitation design assignment
- Resizing and submitting ads per VISIT Milwaukee’s advertising media buys
- Support with the maintenance of the VISIT Milwaukee photo and video library (WebDAM)
- Promotional giveaways and sales materials requiring custom designs and creativity
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited academic institution with a major in the design field.
- Junior or senior standing preferred.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Experience in Adobe CC, with a solid understanding of Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Photoshop
- Team player, resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Compensation & Benefits||
This is an unpaid internship and is eligible for academic credit as defined by the academic institution. VISIT Milwaukee will provide parking during the internship.
Work schedules will be determined by the supervisor and the intern, and will be during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.