|Title||Marketing Communications Specialist
MetaStar is proud to represent Wisconsin in the Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network, working toward better patient care, better population health, and lower costs through improvement.
MetaStar has spent more than 40 years helping to improve the quality of health care in Wisconsin and beyond. The focus of our work has shifted over time from quality oversight to quality improvement, and in 1996, the organization previously known as WIPRO renamed itself as MetaStar.
Today, MetaStar staff fosters collaborative relationships with hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, health plans, physicians, and nurses to empower them to make lasting improvements in care with a vision of optimal healthcare for all.
Reports To: Marketing & Communications Manager
Other individuals or MetaStar staff with whom the person works on a regular basis: Marketing, Communications & Education department team members, Content experts in other departments as necessary, IT Staff, Finance Staff, Office Services Manager.
Outline of key responsibilities of this position:
- Editing and review of internal and external communications materials
- Enforcing corporate style guidelines
- Strategizing best delivery mechanisms and communications mechanisms to meet project goals, including online and print strategies
- Creating original content based on information provided by internal content experts
- Altering and improving existing content in order to shape it to meet the needs of the target audience
- Supporting media and legislative outreach
- Understanding the parameters of both government contract project and commercial services
- Project management and special projects as assigned
- Supporting community-building activities
- Supporting internal and external survey activities
- Conducting some market intelligence and research
- Creating and maintaining standard operating procedures for position
- Opportunities for professional development
- Basic awareness of Microsoft Office, including Outlook and OneNote
- Daily use of Constant Contact for email marketing
- Weekly use of Survey Gizmo for surveys
- Regular use of PowerPoint, Prezi, and other presentation platforms
- Regular use of Social Media platforms for business (Hootsuite)
- Occasional use of WordPress Content Management to manage websites
- All other duties as assigned
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL COMPETENCIES:
Teamwork: Demonstrates respect and achieves cooperative relationships in fulfilling the vision and mission of MetaStar.
Communication: Demonstrates good interpersonal skills with all whom they interact. All communications, verbal and written, should demonstrate a commitment to internal and external customer service and excellence. Effectively sends, receives, and responds to requests while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Initiative: Committed to and performs quality work contributing to the vision and mission of MetaStar. He/she assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her actions. Meets the challenges of a changing environment, is timely in meeting job responsibilities, and strives to provide excellent customer service. Values accomplishments and shows enthusiasm and pride in the organization. He/she demonstrates a self-directed work effort. Develops goals for professional growth and strives to achieve those goals.
Customer Service: Demonstrates a commitment to courteous, sincere, and sensitive customer service. He/she presents a positive and caring attitude in all interactions. He/she is patient, tolerant, accepts diversity, and presents a positive image of themselves and MetaStar in all professional interactions.
Quality Improvement: Demonstrates a commitment to quality and excellence. He/she solves problems through critical evaluation of data-based information and application of continuous quality improvement methods. Can accurately identify and diagnose issues, identify alternatives, implement a plan, and evaluate and communicate results.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or related discipline. Will consider a combination of an Associate’s degree and work experience.
- Ability to write effectively or a variety of audiences (internal and external) and for a variety of media
- Attention to detail
- Works efficiently
- Superior/excellent communication skills
- Exercise discretion and good judgement
- Experience with web-based communication software like Constant Contact or Hootsuite
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take assignments and direction from a variety of staff
- Ability to learn quickly
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
- Interest and availability for in-state, overnight travel
|Compensation & Benefits||
Salaried position .8 - 1.0 FTE. Full benefit package.