|Company||Houck Transit Advertising
|Title||Sales Account Executive
|Region||Twin Cities Metro
Things You Should Know About Us.
Our purpose in life is to amplify our clients advertising campaigns and to elevate their brands. We are a generational company that thinks long term. We believe our team members are our biggest asset and if we treat them as our greatest asset they will go to extreme lengths to serve our clients. We are passionate about our products and unwavering in our commitment to provide service and value to our partners.
Above all, we value our culture. The team we have assembled is the main reason we have experienced year over year growth every year for the past 10. Each team member works their tail off for our clients. Not because we tell them to, but because they are rock stars who come to work each day motivated to lead us forward.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Sales Account Executive:
Are you the type of person that can walk into a room full of strangers and make friends? Do you enjoy the challenge of growing relationships? Are you a goal-setter who is obsessive about following up? Does the chance to grow current relationships intrigue you as much as finding new clients? Do others describe you as incredibly organized? Does the prospect of working with many clients on different facets of their businesses at the same time excite you? If so, we should talk. We are looking for a media sales executive that can lead an entire territory to the next level and beyond! The candidate selected will grow our current relationships, build new ones, and steadily increase our sales by reaching out to potential clients through in-person, written and phone communication.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
An experienced, personable sales person who loves a mix of phone and face-to-face contact with clients. You have no reservations about your ability to be a top producer. You are someone who takes initiative in the position, can respond to clients quickly, and is obsessive about attention to details. We are a small family-owned company that’s expanding. We are seeking someone who is focused, tenacious, prideful of their work, and willing to work hard to help lead us forward!
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 year sales experience or related work history (media sales a plus!)
- Outgoing without being obnoxious or annoying.
- Great networking skills. Can work a room full of business people at an event and develop long term relationships.
- Ability to grow with the position and handle more responsibility.
- Must be comfortable initiating cold calls and presenting in-person to groups.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Understands the ad world and will be an advocate, partner and resource for our clients.
- Realizes that this is rarely a 9-5 job. If you are offended by the idea of responding to emails and clients after 5:00 this isn’t the company for you. We are there for our clients and they love us for it.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Better than average computer knowledge. Must be fluent in typical business-type software (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint/Keynote, etc.) and be willing to learn new proprietary systems.
|Compensation & Benefits||
- Type: Full-time
- Minimum 1 year of sales experience. Media sales preferred but not required.
- Functions: Sales / Business Development
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Based: Shoreview, MN