|Company||American Veterinary Medical Association
|Title||Product Marketing Manager
Located in Schaumburg, Illinois, with a Governmental Relations Division in Washington, D.C., the AVMA is structured to work for its members, and acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession and provides a number of benefits to its members, including information resources, state and federal advocacy, opportunities to address issues and affect policy that govern the profession and practice of veterinary medicine, continuing education opportunities, quality publications, and discounts on personal and professional products, programs and services. The work of the AVMA is carried out by a staff of over 150. The organization is governed by an 18-member Board of Directors and has a $30M annual operating budget.
The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), the national not-for-profit organization representing over 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services, is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to lead marketing efforts that include overall brand marketing, membership value marketing, and marketing projects for our Office of the Executive Vice President (OEVP) and affiliated organizations
Reporting to the Director of Marketing in our Marketing and Communications Division located in our headquarters office in Schaumburg, IL, they will work collaboratively with staff and volunteer leadership to develop and implement strategic and tactical marketing plans for their assigned areas of responsibility, including message development.
- Works collaboratively with Marcom leadership to develop and oversee marketing plans and related budgets for brand marketing activities; collaborates with the Membership & Field Services team on the development and implementation of member value messaging and supports acquisition and renewal activities.
- Oversees development, production, implementation, and result tracking for marketing campaigns across all channels and reports metrics back to the appropriate leadership.
- Develops creative briefs and conducts kick-off meetings to ensure a common understanding of deliverables and expectations; works with marcom colleagues to develop timelines for projects within each campaign.
- Utilizes established workflow to facilitate delivery and execution of campaign elements.
- Manages AVMA’s tradeshow strategy and participation.
- Manages AVMA’s advertising schedule and works with trade publications to ensure representation across industry publications and best pricing.
- Works with the AVMA insurance trusts to determine how to jointly position and promote AVMA membership and the insurance products
- Collaborates with the Executive Director of the American Veterinary Medical Foundation on marketing plans for key AVMF programs; facilitates creative support needed to execute AVMF programs.
- Monitors the consistency and accuracy of messaging across all communication channels
- Synthesizes analytics and other market intelligence to recommend shifts in market approach; serves as in-house expert on the market approach for the product/service.
- Collaborates with market research on research related to each group’s offerings and provides competitive situational analysis and communicates findings to each group’s leadership.
- Up to 20% travel
The qualified candidate will have a BS/BA degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or a related field with a minimum of 4 years of professional marketing experience, association experience highly preferred. Must be results-driven with demonstrated knowledge and experience in product/service development and marketing, and developing and executing marketing plans; and skilled at effectively managing projects in a creative, cross-functional team environment. Multi-channel marketing experience and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build consensus, strong writing skills, with the ability to simplify complex messages are also required.
|Compensation & Benefits||