|Company||Association Management Center
|Title||Membership and Marketing Manager
About Association Management Center:
A trusted partner for 40 years, Association Management Center (AMC) is committed to helping associations. This commitment is realized through collaboration, strategic leadership, and providing the tools needed to foster growth. AMC is located in Chicago, IL, just 10 minutes from O’Hare International Airport, and serves as headquarters to 32 healthcare, trade, and professional associations. Our more than 200 staff members thrive on putting clients first and are passionate about furthering our association partners' missions by ensuring they have the tools, resources, and expertise needed to succeed.
The American Pain Society (APS) seeks a manager-level membership professional with a strategic mindset to provide both membership and marketing direction to recruit and retain our diverse, interdisciplinary membership base. The successful candidate should be an energetic and intuitive marketing strategist with exceptional leadership and communication skills and proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results.
This person will also serve as the chief staff liaison for all aspects of marketing, communications, membership, and social media.
As a Membership and Marketing Manager you will:
- Audit and evaluate current membership marketing objectives, and explore new ways to sustain and increase membership metrics.
- Write strategic plans, analyze markets, and determine marketing potential.
- Develop, launch, and measure communications including print, digital, web and social media outreach to support new member recruitment and retention goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and communications plans to successfully promote membership offerings and programs, products, the annual scientific meeting, and other meetings as needed.
- Increase member engagement by providing opportunities for members to network with colleagues, peers, and other APS members
- Manage the membership renewal process including, but not limited to: developing communications, overseeing the process, and assisting with data management.
- Liaise with Association’s special interest groups and regional societies to cultivate an atmosphere of trust and engagement in the member community network.
- Connect directly with members by phone, email, and attending events in order to build and manage relationships.
- Partner with the APS Board and other committees/task forces as needed to further the association’s stated goals and objectives.
- Prepare reports and metrics for the Executive Director, COO, Membership Committee and Board of Directors.
- Manage the Membership, Early Career Advisory and Website Committees using best practices of volunteer management.
- Supervise the membership coordinator and establish short- and long-term strategic goals and initiatives to achieve objectives. Provide appropriate level of guidance while allowing enough independence to promote staff growth and development.
- Collaborate with other departments to promote research offerings, advocacy activities, events, etc. to the general membership and prospective members.
- Develop and monitor departmental budgets. Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives.
- Manage relevant vendors. Be knowledgeable about contract terms, conduct research regarding new vendors, and provide recommendations.
- Communicate member-related special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate APS staff.
- Perform other duties as determined appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Marketing or Communications focus preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience developing and managing membership programs;
- Experience with marketing/communications for membership organization highly desirable.
- Minimum one year management experience.
- Experience working within a non-profit association (healthcare, nursing specialty society) setting a plus.
- Proven success in initiating, developing, implementing, and evaluating membership retention and recruitment campaigns.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Strategic planning, time management, and professional and persuasive verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with managing a membership database, including running queries.
- Superior customer service skills and positive attitude.
- Ability to effectively interact with volunteer leaders and staff.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects at one time; strong organizational skills required.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, email marketing/web content software, database management, social media, and e-survey tools.
- Ability to travel out of state and overnight.
- Commitment to company values.
|Compensation & Benefits||