|Company||Godfrey & Kahn, S.C.
|Title||Marketing & Events Internship
Godfrey & Kahn provides high-level service and creative legal solutions to its clients. For nearly 60 years, our attorneys and staff have been guided by five core values originally set forth by our founders: A focus on our clients' success, trust in one another and our clients, a culture of team work that helps us achieve more together, a work ethic to achieve whatever is possible, and an integrity that keeps us focused on the right thing to do for our clients, our employees and our communities.
Our firm was founded on a simple idea - judge our success by the success of our clients. We serve clients by first understanding their business and their needs, and then by offering strategic legal advice and smart, practical solutions to real world problems. Our attorneys are quick to collaborate in the interest of client success and service their needs with efficiency and responsiveness. With six locations across Wisconsin and in Washington D.C., our attorneys have made it a point to become an integral part of the communities they serve. Whether we are taking on pro bono cases, supporting environmental causes, or offering university scholarships to promising students, we're proud to be strengthening bonds with our neighbors, within our firm and in our global business community.
Godfrey & Kahn has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing & Events Intern to join our team of marketing professionals. In this role, the intern will have the opportunity to understand how professional services marketing can enhance the business development initiatives of a firm.
The Marketing & Events Intern will assist in the planning and execution of client seminars, receptions, and other firm-hosted events. He or she will also be responsible for handling various digital marketing projects, such as updating our web site content and distributing digital messaging through our social media platforms. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced, highly professional environment, and be able to learn and adapt quickly to new technology. Some graphic design experience is important, and experience with a database, website, and/or event planning software is also a plus.
The position will be full-time during summer and part-time during the school year. Scheduled hours may vary from week to week.
- Assist with event logistics for client events and seminars, including researching and securing event space, budgeting, preparation of materials, event set-up, registration, and other onsite responsibilities as needed.
- Travel and availability for evening events is required.
- Work with the Director of Recruiting to facilitate Summer Associate outings.
- Assemble requests of information for clients and potential clients.
- Work with the Marketing & Media Technology Coordinator to update the web site, database, and distribute firm messaging through various social media platforms.
- Provide administrative support to the department.
- Serve as a friendly and helpful resource for day-to-day marketing needs and questions.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled in a four-year accredited college pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience in a professional environment desired.
- Graphic design experience important, experience with a database, website and/or event planning software also plus
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Exceptional client service skills—a “can do” attitude, willing to “go the extra mile”.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license with the ability to travel between the various office locations.
- Some overnight stays may be necessary.
- Displays enthusiasm and self-confidence
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional level of dependability.
- Ability to work a schedule that varies from week to week.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Full time (37.5 hours a week) through the summer, and part-time through the school year.