We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health—they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.Prevea is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
To take care of people with passion, pride, and respect.
OVERALL EXPECTATIONS STATEMENT:
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Health organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient’s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and coworkers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance.
The Event Specialist partners with both the Communications Team and Service Line Marketing Managers (SLMMs) to coordinate large-scale community and fundraising events; participation in community walks and health fairs; continuing education conferences and health education programing; volunteer activities and sponsorship participation in other community events. The position works with individuals from both HSHS-EWD and Prevea Health to develop programming and events based on specific needs within the communities we serve, and also to help develop and support marketing and branding opportunities.
- Plan and implement meetings, conferences, fundraising events, large events and community forums.
- Manage vendor relationships, prepare project timelines, coordinate all event logistics, and manage the event budgets.
- Coordinate the facility/venue, staff participation and volunteer coordination for both large and small scale events.
- Work in partnership with the SLMMs and Leadership to ensure proper Clinician and Leadership representation at events.
- At the conclusion of an event, the specialist will work with the appropriate SLMMs to prepare an event expenditure report and process all invoices.
- Assist SLMMs with identifying event KPIs and tracking ROI.Develop and maintain a menu of available community education presentations for the Prevea Health and HSHS-EWD Speaker’s Bureaus.
- Coordinate Speaker’s Bureau requests with the SLMMs.Assist service line representatives/clinicians with the planning, volunteer coordination and logistics of community health screenings.
- Lead the development of a more efficient event registration process, and assist with the maintenance of Community Calendar listings for programs, classes and events for Prevea Health and HSHS-EWD.
- Coordinate colleague teams and participation in community walks, parades, and other regional community celebrations.
- Serve as the marketing representative and as an active member of the Celebrations Team and Circle of Giving Committee.
- Assist with event photography and writing various communications, which may include writing articles about specific events or celebrations for internal and external communications.
- Assist the marketing department through the completion of other duties, as assigned.
- Must be able to work as a team or individually and have strong negotiating and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule. This position will involve evening and weekend work to supervise community events.
- Must be organized and detail orientated.The ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction is essential.
- Strong and collegial working relationship skills, possessing a high level of diplomacy and effectiveness under pressure situations, are also required.
- Must know resources available for partnerships and become well engrained within all communities served by Prevea Health and HSHS-EWD.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work is primarily performed in a sedentary office environment, which is well lit and ventilated.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Mostly sedentary activities. Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching.
- Occasionally lifting files, paper or video equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Performs highly complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge applied in a varied of situations.
- Work may be stressful at times due to tight deadlines.
- It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in an environment which may be very stressful, demanding and fast-paced.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations or hospitality.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in an event planning function.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and expert level customer service skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects/events at once.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations (including physicians, payers, consumers, businesses, educators, the general public, etc.) in a large, complex corporate structure.
- Experience implementing measuring and tracking systems to evaluate efficiencies and the effectiveness of educational activities.
|Compensation & Benefits||