|Company||Food Export Association of the Midwest USA
|Title||International Marketing Program Associate
Food Export – Midwest is a private, non-profit trade association of Midwest state agricultural promotion agencies. Our mission is the development and expansion of international markets for U.S. food and value-added agricultural products. We participate in the Market Access Program (MAP) of the Foreign Agricultural Service of USDA.
Coordinates Food Export – Midwest programs and services aimed at aiding small U.S. suppliers of food and agricultural with exporting.
- Serves as a liaison to state or contracted activity coordinators as well as other Food Export contractors in planning and implementing the programs outlined above in a prompt and accurate manner from planning to implementation to post-activity follow-up.
Provides project and clerical assistance for implementation of international marketing programs and services.
- Offers on-going activity support to International Marketing Program Manager, including well-maintained files and records on contractor selection and contractor agreements.
- Coordinates the processing of invoices and expense reports, etc. in accordance with Food Export and Generic Program policy.
- Assists International Marketing Program Manager with large projects including annual application for funding, final reporting of program results for various meetings and presentations as needed.
- Prepares and disseminates correspondence and briefing materials as directed by the International Marketing Program Manager.
- Generates, creates, and designs reports regarding company participation, evaluation, budgeting and related data for the International Marketing Program Manager, other Food Export staff, FAS, and member states, through regular and consistent correspondence.
Provides clear interdepartmental communication and work with other Food Export - Midwest departments to achieve program objectives.
- Assists Communications Program on finding participant success stories through the observations made on evaluations.
- Responds to inquiries within stated timeframes established by the International Marketing Program Manager.
- In concert with the Finance department, assists efforts to register and collect fees from companies participating in programs and services
- Undertakes special projects as requested
- Four year college degree in a related field.
Work Experience (highly preferred):
- +2 years of work experience in a related field, such as grant administration, nonprofit program coordination, event coordination, international marketing, marketing administration, customer relationship management, international trade, food, or agriculture.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, customer service oriented, must be proficient with MS Office, attention to detail and accuracy, time management skills and the ability to prioritize work, strong ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently, strong ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple priorities simultaneously, general knowledge and understanding of international marketing, self-motivated, a self-starter, and effective presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds and responsibility levels.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Work is performed in a standard office environment. This position requires light duty physical work, conducting general office duties, participation in trade shows, and market promotions, Requirements include carrying multiple files and printed materials.
- Out-of-office travel to domestic and international locations is up to 25%.
|Compensation & Benefits||
We offer an excellent benefits package.