|Company||Delta Dental of Minnesota
|Title||Marketing & Communications Intern
|Region||Twin Cities Metro
DELTA DENTAL OF MINNESOTA:
Delta Dental of Minnesota is one of the largest providers of dental benefits in the Upper Midwest, serving 6,500 Minnesota- and North Dakota-based purchasing groups and 3.5 million members nationwide. Founded in 1969, the company is an independent, nonprofit health service plan corporation.
This position is responsible for assisting the Marketing Communications Specialist with the execution of communications & public relations, marketing and events associated with Delta Dental of Minnesota. This role will help support various aspects of the business through a broad spectrum of marketing and communications related activities and projects and will assist with coordinating events and partnership marketing.
1. Marketing and Content Development
- Assist with writing communications materials, including but not limited to: press releases, newsletters, original content, member & sales communications and website updates
2. Event Operations and Activation
- Provide event operations and activation support, working across multiple departments
- Provide on-site coordination and staffing at select events including sports marketing events, tradeshows & community events
- Assist in coordination of Delta Dental of Minnesota Foundation initiatives
3. Social Media Engagement
- Assist with the planning and execution of online social mediums, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Support marketing team by taking an active role in Blog, Facebook and Twitter content revisions, social media listening and new content generation
- Assist marketing team in establishing new social media goals and tactics to help further amplify brand’s social presence
- Opportunity to assist graphic designer in creation of social media imagery and promotional advertisements
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- This position requires a self-starter who is comfortable working with minimal supervision
- Excellent reading, writing, copy editing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Photoshop
- Understanding of basic design principals
- Ability to multi-task and meet required deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Professional brand ambassador at all public events and tradeshows
- Team Player. Ability to see the big picture goals of the organization and contribute on day-to-day tasks.
- Willingness to work outside of regular 9-5 schedule.
- Current driver’s license and ability to lift 25 pounds.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years relevant experience or coursework in marketing and/or public relations
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience working with web and social media tools
- Event experience is a plus
- Dental/insurance knowledge is a plus
- Internal Audiences include: marketing & communications, sales and operations, community benefit and human resources
- External Audiences include: current and potential customers, benefit decision makers, brokers, providers, key clients, agencies and partners
- This position may work closely with key vendors that provide support or implementation of technologies or services
|Compensation & Benefits||