The evolution of Cousins Subs began in 1972 when two cousins set out to bring their favorite style sub sandwich from the East Coast to their new hometown of Milwaukee. Driven by the belief that “there is no substitute for quality,” they began a legacy of meticulously crafting the finest sandwiches possible – using only bread baked daily, ingredients sliced deli-fresh and grilled subs made to order.
Today we continue to stay true to our mission to Believe in Better through the continual improvement in everything we do, by expanding our footprint to areas that crave our product most, and remodeling all locations to create a better dining experience. Our staff is united by a common obsession with doing things right, serving a better sandwich, and supporting the community – all of which is the driving force behind our culture and the next phase of Cousins long standing history. Come join a dynamic team and authentic brand with a bright future.
The Business Consultant provides brand execution support to our franchise and/or corporate community to deliver a great guest experience resulting in sales growth, profitability and increased market share for our Brand. This includes overseeing local store marketing plans and consulting with shop owners on maximizing the benefits of marketing. It also includes working with stores on all matters that impact store operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and analyze store operating data, including items such as guest service evaluations, weekly sales reports, gross margin worksheets, KPI reports and financials.
- Provide advice and/or assistance to store owners and management in evaluating and increasing store operating efficiencies, profitability, sales, and guest service.
- Provide advice on the development of business goals that enhance individual store performance, sales and profitability communicated through techniques such as scheduled owner and/or area developer meetings, marketing CO-OP meetings, and operational meetings.
- Help accomplish timely and successful new store openings.
- Ensure compliance with project coordination guidelines, assist in employee training, and coordinate store opening VIP parties.
- Act as liaison between the stores and Cousins Subs, ensuring that both points of view are clearly communicated and understood.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability by consistently observing restaurant operations (in any restaurant), providing feedback and taking action in critical situations.
- Consult and is accountable for working shoulder-to-shoulder with each store to improve the execution of the restaurant systems and to deliver short- and long-term business results.
- Develop and implement local store marketing plans in the assigned geographic areas to create awareness of the Cousins Subs brand name and increase store traffic, store sales and profitability.
- Utilize marketing techniques that are applicable at all stores or marketing tactics that are relevant to targeted stores. Provide training to store operators on effective marketing techniques including sampling and business drops.
- Conduct marketing plan review meetings, discussing marketing concepts, implementation schedules, and soliciting opinions on completed marketing efforts.
- Present marketing programs and/or seminars to franchisees.
- Perform audit visits throughout the year to observe hospitality and ensure correct marketing materials are posted.
- Develop and lead quarterly training sessions. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- Attend annual meetings, quarterly field training, co-op meetings and other company events.
- Work outside assigned stores to assist other Business Consultants in special events or promotions.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in a team or individual setting.
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer and all applicable software necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- Requires the ability to travel on company business approximately 65% to 75% of work time.
- Requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe fashion while observing all traffic regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls, speak and hear. The employee is required to walk, stand, reach above shoulders, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds while moving files or relevant materials and equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Requires education generally equivalent to an Associate’s degree in Management/Sales/Marketing or Business Administration. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Requires 2 year related experience in operations and marketing in a restaurant or service organization. It is desirable for the employee to possess practical experience in food service operations.
|Compensation & Benefits||
DOE - Benefits include free meals, paid vacation, 401k, medical, dental, and vision. Growth opportunities are available to those who strive for excellence. This is your next step towards a better career.