|Title||Communications and Media Relations Specialist
We make ordinary days extraordinary for our guests and your career could be extraordinary with Marcus Theatres. We have 68 theatres in 8 states, where you can begin a career with limitless growth potential!
When you think of thecinema experience, you probably think box office attendants, ticket rippers, and concession stand vendors – but at Marcus Theatres, we’re more than that. With expanding operations, we’re looking for talented individuals interested in furthering their career potential to join our team!
Founded on November 1, 1935 with a single movie theatre in the small town of Ripon, Wisconsin, Ben Marcus began what has become an entertainment and lodging empire. Ben was said to have always hired the best people he could find, surrounding himself with experts – a practice the company continues to this day.
The importance of family has always played a vital role at the Marcus Corporation. No matter what your last name, every associate of the Marcus Corporation is a part of the Marcus family, and we look forward to adding you to that list! Marcus Theatres offers a comprehensive benefits package, and extraordinary extras, to keep our employees happy and healthy, both on and off the clock.
The Communications & Media Relations Specialist will be responsible for helping to create content/materials and interact with external and internal contacts to deliver the organization’s message. The ideal candidate is organized; possesses strong written and verbal communication skills; has media relations experience; and is comfortable planning and executing events. This position reports to the Marketing & Communications Director.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Drafts and issues written communication including press releases, media advisories, case studies, articles, promotional materials and more
- Helps develop talking points and scripts for speaking and interview opportunities
- Contributes content to social media channels and newsletters
- Collaborates with the Marketing & Communications Director to establish communication strategy, priorities
- Researches industry trends and monitors media
- Helps develop fresh story ideas
- Builds relationships with the media and is confident with regular outreach
- Provides support with issues management situations
- Coordinates interview opportunities and help manage incoming requests for information from the media
- Assists with event planning and execution
- Assists with community outreach efforts
- Demonstrates strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with the media and other partners
- Thinks creatively
- Is detail-oriented
- Possesses strong organizational skills; ability to multitask
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and open to additional assignments as needed
- Possesses strong project management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- 5-7 years of related experience with emphasis on communications or public relations
- Experience with Microsoft office suite
|Compensation & Benefits||