|Company||University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Since 1871, the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh has been providing residents of northeastern Wisconsin with high-quality, affordable education with more than 200 majors, minors, and emphasis including undergrad, graduate, and doctoral for our over 14,000 current students.
The Art Director works in a highly integrated team environment to create high-quality original layouts and designs for a variety of traditional print media and digital media used to enhance the institution's visual image as part of the UW Oshkosh's University Marketing and Communications efforts - ensuring production quality at all stages of the timely delivery of marketing materials.
Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer of University Marketing and Communications (UMC), the Art Director serves as an integral member of the UMC leadership team. UMC has a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students and helps tell the story of this unparalleled institution. He/she will manage a group of highly talented designers across specific visual communications programs and/or projects. The position requires both a strong manager with proven hands-on experience directing other designers, as well as recent hands-on design expertise in print and digital media. The incumbent will have comprehensive responsibility for the visual identity of UW Oshkosh in support of the University's integrated marketing and communication strategy.
The position works closely with senior leadership, academic departments, contractors, and external constituents to provide project direction and expertise related to "brand" UW Oshkosh, design trends, brand integration and will take a lead in the adaptation of new design techniques and resources.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in graphic design, marketing communications or similar field
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a graphic designer
- Prior employee management experience
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of communications, including brand management across various media venues, technical aspects and requirements of various venues, and most appropriate and effective applications
- Strong knowledge of and skill with desktop publishing, a working knowledge of system software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and troubleshooting (both Mac and PC systems)
- Solid written, verbal, interpersonal communications and active listening skills
- Strong skills to ensure production of high-quality work within budget and time constraints
- Expert design skills across multiple platforms, including web, print, multi-media
- Expert understanding of trends and developments in the visual communications field
- Strong management skills to select, train, evaluate, lead, direct, guide and motivate staff to produce high-quality work
- Broad knowledge and understanding of technical applications to effectively manage/supervise professional technical staff, including design concepts, various media and mediums, and applications
- Solid knowledge and skills to advise and consult within a university campus community to ensure delivery of the desired message to target and/or broad general audiences
- Experience with web management systems such as a content management system (CMS) (i.e. WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager, Plone)
|Compensation & Benefits||
Competitive based on experience with average from: $55,000 to $57,000. For further information on UW System salary ranges, please visit the following website: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/download/policies/ops/tc3a1.pdf
Terms of Appointment:
Renewable, annual appointment with a 1.0 FTE.