|Company||Healthy Schools Campaign
|Title||Marketing + Communications Manager
At Healthy Schools Campaign, our mission is to ensure that all children have access to healthy school environments where they can learn and thrive.
Healthy Schools Campaign (HSC), a national nonprofit organization based in Chicago, is seeking a marketing + communications manager to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan and provide significant communications support to promote HSC’s programs, policy, fundraising and leadership across multiple communication channels.
HSC advocates for policies and programs that support schools in creating the conditions of health for all students. HSC’s key strategies are to empower school stakeholders to be agents of change at the school and district levels, advocate for district, state and federal policies and build the capacity of schools, school districts and educational agencies to better support student health.
HSC has a $2.6 million budget and a staff team of 20. This position reports to the senior vice president. In addition to the marketing + communications manager, HSC has a full-time writer + content coordinator and a full-time creative director on the communications team.
The marketing + communications manager will work closely with communications colleagues and senior leadership to contribute to and help execute an organizational communications plan that supports and helps build HSC’s strategies, policy proposals and programs, both internally and externally.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop and refine key messages and ensure integration through all channels (e.g., websites, traditional media, social media, newsletters, webinars, speeches, photos and videos, event presentations and donor solicitations).
- Participate in a team effort to create a comprehensive and consistent strategy for communicating with a variety of audiences and meet HSC’s program, policy, development and outreach goals; develop, monitor and interpret key metrics for evaluating the success and reach of communications strategies.
- Contribute to the development and execution of an online giving and individual engagement strategy. Provide significant communications support for other fundraising activities including email, social media and print campaigns and the development of collateral to support corporate and individual donor engagement.
- Write and provide editing support for marketing materials, press outreach and other organizational communications (e.g., reports, newsletter articles, letters to the editor, policy briefs, blogs, sign-on letters, policy and fundraising campaigns); produce content for general organizational materials.
- Use brand guidelines and existing templates as a guide to create visual assets for marketing campaigns. This includes editing, resizing and exporting photos; making updates to documents and exporting for digital and print use; and making updates to graphics and exporting for web, social media and email campaigns. This will also include using existing templates to create or edit Mailchimp campaigns and Wordpress websites.
- A commitment to HSC’s mission, vision and values.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Proven ability to implement a comprehensive marketing and/or communications plan to advance an organization’s mission and goals. A strong preference for previous nonprofit experience.
- Substantive experience across a variety of communications channels including print, digital, press and social media.
- Experience working on individual donor campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience with successful project management; proven ability to work in collaboration, integrate constructive feedback, prioritize work, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong technology skills and an understanding of how to apply technology to achieve communications goals. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Experience with Wordpress, data management systems (HSC uses Salesforce), and social media platforms preferred.
- Strong creative and analytical skills and knowledge of graphic design principles, including an understanding of the value of design, photography and video in storytelling and marketing. Knowledge of typography basics, multi-page layout and photo editing.
- Experience using brand guidelines to create visual assets for marketing campaigns.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Advanced degree in communications, marketing or a related field preferred.
- Strong history of employment with significant responsibilities in the areas of marketing and communications and project management.
- This position will require some travel.
- This position will require working some nights and weekends.
- This position requires some lifting for meeting and event setup. This will include lifting and moving boxes and setting up equipment. Candidates should be comfortable lifting at least 25 pounds.
- Candidates must be licensed and insured drivers with a safe driving record.
- Candidates must be willing to submit to background checks including criminal and driving record reviews.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Generous benefit package includes employer paid medical, dental and disability insurance, 6% employer matching contribution to a retirement plan after one year of employment and paid vacation and sick leave.