|Title||Marketing Coordinator/Proposal Writer
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth.
Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination. For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator/Proposal Writer to join our Great Lakes Division Marketing Team. This position is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Are you a strategic thinker? A creative problem solver? Do you thrive in an innovative working environment? HNTB, one of the nation’s leading architectural/engineering/planning firms, is looking for a marketing professional with passion and drive to join our talented team. The perfect candidate will enjoy, and be proficient in juggling multiple projects involving writing, editing, strategic planning, public relations, trade show and special event planning, and presentation preparation.
We need someone proficient in most, or all, of the latest computer programs: InDesign and all Microsoft applications. Good grammar, good humor and flexibility are a must, as is the drive and enthusiasm to work hard with a terrific team of marketing professionals. A degree in Marketing, Business Communications, Journalism or equivalent degree plus at least four years of professional work experience is required. Previous A/E experience is a bonus! If you like great pay, benefits and people ...and you think you’re the person for this position, please apply online at:
- Performs a lead or strong support role in managing complex and/or mega proposals.
- Represents the marketing group at project war rooms and other strategy sessions
- Works directly with sr. level technical staff to prepare proposal materials, including writing, editing, verifying and formatting proposal information.
- Collaborates/storyboards technical sections with technical staff and review/edit their narrative for content clarity, compliance and key messages.
- Ensures that the various aspects of the proposals (Win Themes, technical scope, staff qualifications and experience, biographical data, etc.) and other marketing materials are accurate, timely and well written.
- Monitors media sources for pertinent information relative to specific pursuits.
- Works with pursuit teams including:
- Working with individual pursuit teams to develop pursuit strategies through the use of Project Win Plans (PWP) and RFP/Presentation Response Plans (PRP)actively
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the implementation of PWPs and PRPs to identify deficiencies in pursuit plans and work with pursuit teams to implement corrective actions
- Organizing and facilitating pursuit strategy meetings
- Working with district and office leadership and individual pursuit teams to determine specific materials needed and the corresponding level of effort.
- Taking direct leadership role in the development of pre-sell materials, proposals, presentations, etc.
- Working with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials -ensuring all proposal. materials are effectively communicating the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit.
- Organizing presentation rehearsals.
- Ensuring all deadlines are met with a high level of quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism or equivalent degree plus 4 years of related experience in a similar technical/marketing environment.
- Requires excellent command of English grammar, spelling and composition, as well as oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines while ensuring high quality submittals.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and InDesign
- Familiarity with PowerPoint, Acrobat and other software programs.
|Compensation & Benefits||
HNTB offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including first day health, dental and vision benefits and a 401(k) and ESOP plan.