|Region||Twin Cities Metro
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion and 47,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com.
Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services, is seeking candidates for an Internal Communications Manager role. This role will have two areas of responsibility: providing internal communications support to our finance organization, and leading communications for our Safety, Health & Environment (SH&E) organization and providing communications support for Law and Regulatory.
This position will be responsible for providing strategic direction, counsel and execution of communications plans and materials. Responsibilities include producing high-quality internal communications in a variety of media and effectively managing global communications content. This person will collaborate closely with Ecolab’s Global Communications team and will dual report to the Finance function and to the vice president of Global Safety, Health & Environment (SH&E), with a functional dotted line reporting relationship to the vice president of Global Communications.
For our global SH&E organization, this person will develop and execute a compelling safety communications program to help drive positive and lasting behavior change among all associates globally. This person also will provide global communications support for Ecolab’s Code of Conduct and other compliance initiatives.
For the finance organization, this position will provide communications counsel to senior leadership and develop strategic communications plans and programs to engage and align finance associates worldwide, as well as provide support for occasional enterprise-wide finance-related communications.
Main Responsibilities: SH&E, Law and Regulatory
- Develop communications strategies, plans and materials that can be leveraged globally to drive key company strategies in regions and divisions
- Prepare presentations for senior executives to support broad initiatives, including talking points, PowerPoint and multi-media development and support collateral
- Create and execute communications strategies and plans to drive awareness and compliance with Ecolab’s Code of Conduct and other compliance initiatives.
- Inspire associates, drive behavior change and improve safety metrics through an effective safety campaign and ongoing communications program
- Develop powerful safety materials and key messages that unify and elevate all communications, training programs and initiatives – focusing on how associate actions can make a difference
- Manage and drive consistent use of the internal safety brand
- Use storytelling to make safety messages emotionally compelling
- Educate associates about safety best practices – using crisp, audience-relevant content that communicates risks and implications – to drive individual behavior changes and a stronger safety culture worldwide
- Activate executives and Safety Champions by communicating safety goals and progress and equipping them to demonstrate and drive commitment
Main Responsibilities: Finance
- Develop a comprehensive communications program to support the function’s strategic plans and achievement of goals
- Prepare executive presentations for senior executives to internal audiences to support broad initiatives and reviews, including talking points, PowerPoint and multi-media development and support collateral
- Write, edit and prepare internal communications and announcements in a variety of media, including video, digital and social, that promote associate understanding, motivation and engagement
- Plan, implement and measure the success of the communications programs designed to support the objectives of the function
- Lead communications for events, including quarterly global town halls
- Plan, build and manage an information center for the Finance function on the Ecolab intranet
- Assist and guide communication protocols, methods, and channels on US Catalyst and Finance Transformation initiatives, including communicating for strategic change management
- Ensure functional communications are aligned with broader corporate strategies and brand standards
- Provide communications support for communications from Finance to the general associate population
- Work with other functions, business units and regions to identify news and feature story ideas that support various aspects of the Finance team’s strategy
- 8+ years’ experience with corporate communications including experience with internal communications
- Experience with global audiences
- Excellent communications messaging, strategy and planning abilities
- Ability to partner with senior leadership and interact with and influence all levels within an organization
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Bachelor’sdegree or higher in English, communications, journalism or related field
- Strategic thinker, active listener, pragmatic approach
- Roll up your sleeves, figure it out, get it done orientation
- Excellent Powerpoint skills
- Business partner orientation
- Ability to present to groups effectively
- Experience with social and digital media
- Experience managing graphic design, photography and video production
- Experience with intranet platforms and content management systems
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Experience communicating and supporting change
- Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and budgets simultaneously
- Able to take initiative and move projects forward while still being able to foster a team atmosphere
|Compensation & Benefits||