|Title||Digital Interface Designer
C2 is Milwaukee’s only locally/family-owned staffing & training agency for the design, marketing and advertising industries. We focus on finding the most talented creative professionals to support Milwaukee's most innovative agencies, firms and in-house groups.
C2’s staffing service:
- specializes in temporary & permanent placements for print, web, video or writing pros
- only shares opportunities targeted to your skill set
- offers competitive rates, W2 status, PTO & health insurance
- works with great clients, from agencies to in-house, from Kenosha to Kohler, Downtown to Waterloo
- rewards referrals of great talent with CASH!
C2 client, a B2B marketing firm driven by data, seeks a Digital Interface Designer for a full-time permanent position at their Milwaukee office.
Does this sound like YOU?
You assert that form and function are equally important when designing interfaces for the web and apps. Creating positive user experiences while achieving the objective is your expertise. Usability and accessibility are top of mind as you design visually compelling and highly functional interfaces. You’re passionate about human interaction and strive to understand behaviors through research and active listening. You’re eager to work closely with server-side developers to implement complex, interactive and data-driven websites and apps.
If you're the right candidate, this is how you'll spend your days:
- Defining the user experience on client websites and app interfaces.
- Creating wireframes, user flows, site maps and prototypes to show interaction and design.
- Producing, modifying and maintaining websites and web application user interfaces.
- Discussing technical solutions with the team and providing innovative solutions.
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions.
- Working with server-side developers to create data-driven UI elements.
- Creating UI kits for user interfaces to establish consistency.
- Using data and research provided by the Insight team to develop effective concepts as well as conducting your own research on competitors, trends and industry standards.
- Assisting the Insight team with split testing and user testing.
- Defining user goals and tasks to validate the effectiveness of designs.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues, trends and emerging technologies and keep team members informed on how to incorporate them in future projects.
- Adhering to brand standards.
- Presenting your ideas clearly to a cross-functional team and customers.
- Providing support with the development of project estimates.
- Managing your time to ensure projects are completed on deadline and on budget.
- Providing continuous feedback throughout the process to ensure work is high quality and achieves the communication objective.
The Must Haves:
- 3-5 years of experience designing and developing effective and engaging interfaces for websites and apps
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Marketing, Communications or related field OR comparable experience
- Solid understanding and demonstrated application of usability, interaction, UI and navigation
- Ability to communicate effectively with a cross-functional team on wireframes, prototypes and UI to create engaging and functional designs that meet the objective
- Mastery in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch or other tools for developing wireframes and artwork for interfaces
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility (Universal Access)
- Ability to build AA standard websites
- Continuously updating technical knowledge and skills and mentoring others as needed
The Nice to Haves:
- Ability to design for traditional marketing
- Excellent HTML, SASS, CSS programming skills
- Knowlege of frameworks (Bootstrap, WordPress) to creative rich interactive content
- Development of dynamic pages using REST API
- Previous use of Git version control systems
- Experience with B2B marketing
- Google Analytics experience and certifications
- Knowledge of marketing metrics and ways to track ROI
You Need to Bring:
- Client Focus – As trusted advisors, our clients value everything you do
- Quality – You are proud to stand behind the quality of work you deliver
- Integrity – You always act with integrity through honesty, fairness and accountability
- Teamwork – You ask for help and help when asked
- Sense of Urgency – You never lose your sense of urgency to progress and improve
- Fun – You work with passion, act professionally, and have fun while you are doing it
|Compensation & Benefits||
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Cool office space and even cooler colleagues.