|Company||Palermo Villa, Inc.
We are an entrepreneurial company that celebrates Italian culture to unite and serve others.
Palermo's Pizza is a family business built on uniting and serving others through our Italian culture of hospitality. This commitment plays a central role in our relationship with society. Meeting our profit goals allows us to share with our employees and invest in our community through stewardship giving efforts, both of which are at the heart of the Palermo Way.
The mission of our products is to bring people and families together through the simple act of sharing a meal. Our commitment to product quality, authentic Italian tastes and manufacturing innovation is at the core of delivering a great pizza experience to all we serve. Customers are the foundation of our business. We exist to meet their needs. They, in turn, trust us to be a socially responsible company. If customers are satisfied with our products and believe that our company reflects their personal values, then we will be successful.
For our shareholders and stakeholders, our winning culture will ensure we meet our profit goals and drive an increase in sales year after year to provide for sustainable financial growth. We will continue to increase value for our shareholders and stakeholders, and provide opportunities to grow our investment in the business, in our employees and in the community.
Palermo’s is one of the country’s leading frozen pizza manufacturers and this is a newly-created position designed to significantly grow both our private label and branded businesses. This position can especially help us realize our vision for the next generation of private label where we’ll bring branded insights and approach to private label. The Brand Manager will help architect short and long-term private label growth plans for Palermo’s and our retail partners. They will work collaboratively with our sales team and retail customers to strategically grow private label pizza sales. This will involve assessing in-market performance, interpreting macro and retailer trends, and marrying those to Palermo’s manufacturing and R & D capabilities to develop short and long term plans and related execution. The manager will also lead current and prospective “branded” private label product lines and regional brands in our current portfolio such as P’MO’s and Sasquatch.
- Work with sales, marketing, and R & D to identify prospective product plans for key retailers. These could include changes to product portfolio, pricing and promotional recommendations and execution of approved initiatives.
- Obtain and analyze Nielsen data to identify issues and opportunities for private label and branded products.
- Work with field sales to develop presentations and deliver strategic recommendations to retail customers.
- Work with field sales to secure private label business from prospective new retail customers.
- Cross functionally lead and execute prospective private label and branded projects; these could include new products, new varieties, promotional programs, packaging design, and other programs.
- Collaboratively work with the other brand managers and the Sales and Information manager to coordinate brand and private label strategies and data needs.
- Secure consumer information from various internal and external resources such as Nielsen, Mintel, industry publications and ad hoc research.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Foundational knowledge of the marketing process.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Experience with using and interpreting Nielsen data or an ability to quickly get very well-versed.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and willingness to assist in other areas as needed.
- Familiar with social media marketing and able to work with internal social media specialist on developing/approving content as needed for select brand(s).
- Adept at recognizing, adapting and responding to changing conditions.
- Excellent analytical, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Some travel is required for this position.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing.
- 3 -5 years of marketing experience – CPG preferred.
- Experience working with (remote) sales staff. Experience using Nielsen or IRI data preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Palermo's offers competive compensation and Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and 401(k).