|Title||Head of PR & Corporate Communications
Calamos Investments is a global investment firm that has provided asset management services since 1977. Our clients include major corporations, pension funds, endowments, foundations, family offices and individuals. Throughout our history, we have developed a range of innovative investment strategies across asset classes. We offer our strategies through separately managed portfolios, mutual funds, closed-end funds and UCITS funds. Over recent years, we have focused on expanding our business globally to better serve the needs of a growing base of investors worldwide. Headquartered in the Chicago metropolitan area, we also have offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Miami.
The Head of PR & Corporate Communications is responsible for managing and carrying out public relations and media relations activities for Calamos. The role places an emphasis on building relationships with the media to increase the positive awareness of Calamos and its products, investment approach and growth strategy.
- Develop and execute all aspects of the firm’s public relations policies, objectives and initiatives.
- Maintain a favorable public image for Calamos by communicating investment philosophy, accomplishments and other key highlights about the firm.
- Establish, cultivate and broaden relationships with local, national, and trade industry media to increase positive awareness of Calamos.
- Coordinate with PR agency of record: Prepare press releases and other external communication pieces; respond to media inquiries and requests for interviews; develop and implement public relations activities to support new product launches and other initiatives; develop other public relations strategies and communication plans as needed.
- Assist in developing story ideas, writing/editing for various publications and media outlets, including social media.
- Serve as the firm’s spokesperson when addressing the media, analysts and other outside representatives.
- Coach and prepare senior management for media appearances and interviews.
- Secure speaking opportunities and media briefings at key industry events.
- Prepare summaries and reports of media activity for senior management.
- Support internal communications efforts; participate in coordination of associate meetings and events.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, communications, journalism or other related field.
- Minimum of five years of public relations and media relations experience.
- Previous experience in the financial services industry is required.
- Must have excellent relationship building skills.
- Must have strong writing skills with the ability to effectively translate complex information into clear and concise press releases and other communications.
- Must have strong speaking and presentation skills.
- PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
|Compensation & Benefits||