|Title||Senior Graphic Designer
The Appraisal Institute is a global professional association of real estate appraisers, with nearly 20,000 professionals in almost 60 countries throughout the world. Its mission is to advance professionalism and ethics, global standards, methodologies, and practices through the professional development of property economics worldwide.
Organized in 1932, the Appraisal Institute advocates equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in the appraisal profession and conducts its activities in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Individuals of the Appraisal Institute benefit from an array of professional education and advocacy programs, and may hold the prestigious MAI, SRPA, SRA, AI-GRS, and AI-RRS designations.
The Senior Graphic Designer establishes the conceptual and stylistic direction for design department. Leads development and design of advertising and promotional materials to support the Appraisal Institute Brand. Oversee production in print and digital formats. Reports to Director of Marketing.
- Lead development of print and digital advertising.
- Act as liaison to project based agency partners to oversee assignments in conjunction with Director of Marketing.
- Design brochures, post cards, forms, catalogs, and other printed materials as assigned within identity standards.
- Create design solutions that successfully meet marketing and communications needs within budget parameters.
- Oversee/carry out production work.
- Oversee freelance or contract talent as needed.
- Assist in design and production of quarterly magazine and other publications.
- Participate in all phases of the design process, concept through execution for ad hoc creative projects.
- Responsible for the layout, design, and production activities to produce quality graphic-design artwork.
- Requires working knowledge of graphic-design equipment.
- May contact in-house or outside vendors to verify print specification.
- Performs complex graphics design duties requiring planning, scheduling, and implementation of graphic design projects related to marketing collateral and packaging.
- Reviews design drafts, proofs camera-ready art, and ensures proper pagination and color assignment.
- Responsible for applying established corporate branding specifications to ensure work meets company guidelines.
- Plans, schedules, and implements non-complex graphic design projects for marketing collateral and packaging.
- Troubleshoots production problems and interacts with company's staff and outside vendors.
- Prepares job specification forms, performs press checks, and reviews blue lines.
- Creates slide presentations, icons, and other graphics for the company's products and assists in the creation of graphic elements used in product demos.
- Coordinates and ensures materials’ approval with in-house legal and marketing management professionals
- Assist the Creative Services Supervisor in maintaining Mac system and upgrading software.
- Proof design specifications on projects as assigned.
- Maintain liaison with printers and other vendors.
- Fulfill chapter and member corporate identity requests on a daily basis. This includes ads, templates and collateral and business materials to support chapters and member business needs.
- Assist in design and production of all communication materials including brochures, tradeshow displays, ad and marketing campaigns, electronic communications, catalogs and forms while maintaining brand identity
- Ability to prioritize and participate in team environment developing print and online communications.
- Color correct, silhouette product images, produce web graphics and update content on an ongoing basis for e-commerce sites.
- Participate in the development of email newsletters and other electronic media projects in partnership with other staff within the communications, marketing and member resource department
- Create graphics for our website, including lead feature graphics, online photo galleries and various images/icons as requested including.
- Code HTML emails and general web/ banner ads graphics in conjunction with the marketing and graphics team as needed.
- Knowledge of typography and print production.
- Preparing web graphics.
- Highly creative.
- Detail oriented.
- Good proofreading skills.
- Good verbal communication.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with both PC and Mac equipment.
- General office equipment; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Accounting system software packages.
- Software knowledge to include Quark Xpress, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat
- 7 plus years of experience in graphic/design and/or agency work.
|Compensation & Benefits||