|Company||Media Relations, Inc.
|Title||Social Media Intern
|Region||Twin Cities Metro
A HYBRID AGENCY
Media Relations Agency is a full-service, hybrid agency that specializes in helping businesses tell their stories. Our 25+ years of experience in generating media-grade content™gives us an edge. Who better to help you market your product than the agency whose work consistently passes the media’s stringent litmus test? It’s not always easy, but our content vaults over the media’s high bar several times a day.
In 1987, Media Relations rocked the PR industry when we pioneered our game-changing Pay Per Interview Publicity® performance-based PR model. Since that time, our results-driven strategies have helped launch multi-million dollar businesses, and to create strong consumer demand for entirely new product categories.
We specialize in integrating traditional and digital media, social media and websites; this results in more impactful publicity campaigns. From blogs and posts designed to increase SEO, to feature articles and TV/radio segments, we become our clients’ marketing partners. Check out our blog to see additional samples of our work. We also have White Papers that you might find useful in your public relations firm evaluation.
We have more ace-in-the-hole advantages. In 1995, our parent company launched multiple award-winning Checkerboard Strategic Web Development, Inc. Combined, we help clients complete the most advantageous sales circle: We arrange stories that drive people to websites, where they are funneled into the sales process.
Media Relations, Inc. offers an internship program designed to provide opportunities for students interested in public relations to learn more about the industry, and about how businesses work. Internships are offered on an unpaid basis, and must be taken for school credit.
- Monitor blogs, forums, and social networks
- Write blogs and social posts
- Post content on various social networks and websites
- Create reports
- Online outreach and promotion using various social media sites
- Grow a following on social media
- Keyword analysis
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Basic graphic design skills
- Knowledge and ability to work with various social media sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Ability to shift priorities quickly and easily
- Good communication skills
- Well-organized with the ability to work on several projects at one time
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with great attention to detail
- Currently pursuing a degree in communications, public relations, journalism, media or broadcasting, or other related field
- Able to work at least 10 hours a week, 2-3 days per week
- Must be able to receive class credit for this internship
|Compensation & Benefits||