|Title||Director of Internal Communications
|Region||Twin Cities Metro
Best Buy is a leading provider of technology products, services and solutions. The company offers expert service at an unbeatable price more than 1.5 billion times a year to the consumers, small business owners and educators who visit our stores, engage with Geek Squad agents or use BestBuy.com or the Best Buy app. The company has operations in the U.S and Canada, where more than 70 percent of the population lives within 15 minutes of a Best Buy store, as well as in Mexico where Best Buy has a physical and online presence.
As for our workforce, our employees’ knowledge, passion and commitment are recognized through pay, benefits and other rewards that are among the best in the industry, including an industry-leading employee discount on the latest and greatest products.
The turnaround is over! Be a part of Best Buys transformation! Best Buy is the worlds largest consumer electronics retailer, offering advice, service and convenience “ at competitive prices “ to the consumers who visit its websites and stores more than 1.5 billion times each year.
The Director of Internal Communications is responsible for leadership, communication strategy, planning, direction and execution of enterprise employee communications. The role will lead a team that shapes the internal story for Best Buy, produces live meetings, creates and shares compelling content across a variety of channels and develops strategic communication plans that ensure that all 125,000 Best Buy employees understand and embrace the company strategy. This leader will be responsible for developing and leading a dynamic team that embraces feedback and learnings to provide an environment of growth and opportunity for both individuals and the team. This person will work directly with senior leadership across the business, providing communications counsel, planning and execution. The person is responsible for translating high-level business strategy into communication strategies, tactics and key messages. Collaborates and partners with leadership from other Communications disciplines (public affairs, investor relations, public relations) to ensure consistency of messaging and alignment around Company objectives.
This role is responsible for:
- Developing and executing strategic communication plans that effectively deliver company messages to employees at our corporate headquarters and our 120,000-plus employees in our stores, distribution centers and international offices
- Creating compelling content for a variety of audiences.
- Works the team to determine the right time, place and tone to share company messages and stories.
- Drives measurement and innovation across all current and potential communications activities and vehicles.
- Oversees team that runs live events that inform and delight our internal audiences for a variety of all-company meeting rhythms.
- Leads, develops and coaches a team of individuals to create an environment that allows employees to learn, grow and excel.
- Brings a passion and belief in the role that leaders play in building a great employee culture.
- Works with senior leaders from all areas of the business to provide communication counsel and support.
- Partners with leaders across Communications and Public Affairs to ensure alignment of messaging and mission.
- Manage budget for internal communications
- 8 or more years of experience developing & implementing internal strategic communication programs
- 8 or more years of experience leading teams and developing employees
- 8 or more years of experience Writing, designing, publishing communication programs
- 8 or more years of experience with communications, news or editorial background
|Compensation & Benefits||