|Company||Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
|Title||Public Relations Specialist Senior
|Region||Twin Cities Metro
About Blue Cross:
Founded in 1933, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is the largest health plan in the state. We have more members, the largest network of providers and more products and services than any other plan in Minnesota. From the beginning, Blue Cross has been an innovator with a mission of making a healthy difference in people’s lives.
We understand the importance of finding a job that you truly enjoy — at a company that shares your values. We’ve made it easy to feel good about working at Blue Cross by encouraging volunteerism, valuing diversity and offering the flexibility you need to live a balanced life. We offer a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, flexible work schedules and generous personal paid time off in addition to 20 hours of volunteer paid time off each year. We look forward to serving Minnesotans over the next 80 years and beyond. Join us and make a healthy difference through the work you do every day.
Responsible for providing key public relations and reputation management counsel at all levels of the company. Position has a strong emphasis on persuasive writing and verbal skills as well as providing consultative public relations support to various internal business areas. Responsible for development and oversight of specific strategic communications initiatives that ties to overall public relations strategy. Accountable for public relations representation on strategic cross-functional initiatives.
- Identifies and defines business problems, strategies and tactics to provide solutions that provide value to Blue Cross, the provider and Blue Cross members.
- Responsible to execute on the solutions.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of public relations, communications, marketing communications.
- Proven experience in effectively communicating with top-level executives and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional collaboration skills with the ability to partner effectively within the company.
- Demonstrable skills in media relations and social media development
- Demonstrated ability to present complex business ideas, strategies and results succinctly and persuasively at a senior executive level
- Demonstrates highly effective writing skills and verbal presentation skills that drives impactful stakeholder action
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong team player able to work well across teams.
- Knowledge of health industry overall and key Blue Cross strategic initiatives
|Compensation & Benefits||