|Title||Director Marketing Communications
Who Mattersight is:
The rubber hits the road when someone picks up the phone to talk to a company. It happens over 250 million times a day. With over 60 percent of people dumping brands because of bad customer service, that phone call can make or break a business.
Enter Mattersight – the only company that uses personality analysis and big data analytics to improve every customer call, increase customer satisfaction and lower costs for Fortune 500 enterprises. Our patented technology mines a private database of over 1 billion customer service calls to quickly pair customers with call center agents they will naturally, effortlessly click with. Awkward and annoying becomes satisfying and enjoyable. Frustrated becomes enthusiastic.
Mattersight helps companies make positive conversations with their customers the rule, not the exception by fostering emotional connections that turn complainers into fans.
Who you are:
A rising star who brings memorable stories to life, and a seasoned communication strategist. Having marketed towards or worked at a Fortune 500 company, you naturally connect with your core audience of senior executives responsible for managing America’s largest contact centers.
Ready to roll up your sleeves in a fast-paced high-tech startup environment, while working with top-notch talent within our agency partners.
An expert marketer with experience in managing public relations, analyst relations and creative resources, who is ready to lead the team with a compelling event strategy across owned, paid and earned opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Develop Mattersight’s communication strategy and messaging framework
- Craft compelling and memorable narratives that inspire business leaders to envision a new way of communicating with their customers and each other
- Develop and drive a content calendar across all channels
- Manage public relations efforts – working with our external PR agency
- Manage analyst relations & industry partnerships across Mattersight
- Lead thought leadership content development with Personality Labs (personalitylabs.org)
- Write crisp and compelling blog posts, contributed articles and more
- Learn and leverage Mattersight’s unique, linguistic-based personality model in order to make your communications highly-tailored and deeply-resonant
- Collaborate with the product marketing director and product management teams to create content that wows prospects with the benefits of our solutions, and ultimately turns them into customers
What you definitely have:
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience with B2B communications
- Superior project management skills
- Event strategy experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing
What we’d also love to see:
- Intrapeneurial spirit that thrives in a startup environment
- A passion for data Public relations & analyst relations experience with Gartner and/or Forrester
- Marketing strategy consultancy or relevant agency experience
- MBA or Master’s degree
|Compensation & Benefits||
What we’re like:
Mattersight values diversity, curiosity and collaboration. Employees from all experience levels and backgrounds are intermingled and encouraged to learn about each other’s projects. Our offices foster teamwork as well as self-motivation, with a healthy dose of fun thrown in.
Where you’ll be:
Mattersight seeks candidates authorized to work in the United States. The Director of Digital Marketing role will be based out of Mattersight’s Chicago, IL location. Candidates should anticipate little to no travel.
What you’ll make:
Mattersight believes that a successful, thriving company starts with happy, satisfied employees. We are prepared to offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package for the ideal candidate.