|Company||Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau
|Title||Organizational Events Manager
The Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB), and the Madison Area Sports Commission (MASC) are passionate about promoting the Madison area to visitors and locals alike. We do it by:
- Attracting new conventions, sporting events and competitions to the community.
- Providing expert service and support to people who visit Madison for events.
- Sharing relevant and timely information about all there is to see and do in our city.
- Conducting and analyzing tourism research.
- Building our local economy!
The Events Manager is responsible for managing event planning and execution for GMCVB and MASC events. Responsibilities include concept through execution of special events and related program activities in the areas of Partnership, Convention Sales, Sports, Media and Organizational events.
Plan and execute marketing program deliverables for all events including invitations, digital marketing, signage, and event photography in conjunction with Graphic Designer and Digital Marketing Specialist
Concept, plan and execute all aspects of special events. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Budget oversight
- Site selection & logistics, including set-up and tear-down
- Develop creative concept for event and marketing materials
- Program development (speakers, presentation, online registration)
- A/V coordination
- Catering needs
- Speaker gifts/acknowledgments
- Post-event activities including internal wrap-up meetings, surveys, invoice/budget reconciliation and photo distribution to PR/Communications and Web team
Develop annual event/program budget and business plan in collaboration with Director of Marketing and client teams.
- In-depth knowledge of the hospitality community, visitor attractions and businesses in Madison, Dane County and the region preferred
- Demonstrated event planning and management skills for groups of 50-500
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and the work of others
- Proven skills in flexibility, problem-solving and relationship-building
- Track record of creative concept development for events
- Previous budget accountability and experience in budget management
- Knowledge of project management software (e.g., Ace Project)
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing
- Strategic thinking abilities and ability to streamline processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency on computer based systems and software, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) environment and online reservation systems such as Eventbrite and project management software (e.g. ACE Project)
- Proficiency in use of AV equipment and other presentation tools
- Ability to attend events and event set-up/tear-down outside of typical office hours
- CMP or equivalent of 4 years of meeting or event planning and management
- Proven, recent experience (minimum 2-4 years) in customer service, sales or marketing
- Proficiency and experience in database management and/or customer relationship management systems a plus
|Compensation & Benefits||
Compensation based on experience.
Benefits include health/life/dental insurance, vacation and sick days, paid holidays, 401k.