|Company||Chicago Symphony Orchestra
|Title||Marketing Data Assistant
Founded in 1891, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra is consistently hailed as one of the greatest orchestras in the world. In collaboration with the best conductors and guest artists on the international music scene, the CSO performs well over one hundred concerts each year at its downtown home, Symphony Center, and at the Ravinia Festival on Chicago’s North Shore, where it is in residency each summer. Music lovers outside Chicago enjoy the sounds of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra through best-selling recordings and frequent sold-out tour performances in the United States and around the globe.
Provide marketing data and analytical support for the CSO Marketing department. Assist Marketing Manager, Patron Retention with database management, sales reports and customer retention strategies. Manage patron notifications through mail and email. Support Marketing team efforts to increase ticket sales, strengthen patron loyalty and develop new audiences.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and manage list extractions for mailing, telemarketing, email, etc.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of subscriber/donor database, processes and reporting by working closely with the Marketing Manager-Patron Retention, Director of Sales & Marketing Analysis, Database Administrator, Ticketing and Development Gifts & Records.
- Assist with maintenance of subscriber and single ticket buyer data.
- Implement direct mail campaigns for classical subscription series and patron retention efforts.
- Execute program change notifications through mail, email and voice blasts.
- Manage list trade contacts and execute trade requests/contracts.
- Develop and maintain data analysis and reports.
- Enter prospect data from marketing events to support audience building strategies.
- Proofread marketing materials. Special projects as assigned.
- Reports to Marketing Manager, Patron Retention.
- Works closely with members of the Marketing, Ticketing, Development and Web teams.
- Other contacts include: CSO departments, vendors and volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Formal education (minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience) required.
- Understanding and appreciation of music.
- Experience in spreadsheet applications and word processing.
- Advanced experience with spreadsheet applications preferred. (MS Office).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge or other database applications a plus.
- Pleasant office environment.
|Compensation & Benefits||