|Company||Milwaukee School of Engineering
|Title||Web Content Marketing Manager
Milwaukee School of Engineering is an independent, non-profit university with about 2,900 students that was founded in 1903. MSOE offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees in engineering, business and nursing. The university has a national academic reputation; longstanding ties to business and industry; dedicated professors with real-world experience; a 97% placement rate; and the highest ROI and average starting salaries of any Wisconsin university according to PayScale Inc. MSOE graduates are well-rounded, technologically experienced and highly productive professionals and leaders.
Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) invites applications for a full-time Web Content Marketing Manager to join our Marketing department. This person will provide leadership in web and interactive communications and in the growing role they will play in supporting MSOE’s growth. S/he will collaborate with key college stakeholders in crafting innovative and effective communication strategies using a variety of interactive communications including web, social media, PPC, SEM, SEO and other emerging media. This person will define campus website uses and audiences, assess information needs, and design campus website to meet audience needs.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily maintenance and updating of University website and integration with social media and all University communication channels to support and serve MSOE’s various communities.
- Responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow and maximize online optimization and conversions, including but not limited to search marketing, search optimization, and display advertising.
- Oversee digital marketing efforts and regularly adjust campaign tactics to maximize ROI and make recommendations for ongoing improvements and enhancements to continually improve MSOE website and digital properties.
- Utilize metrics that measure the value of content including content/brand integrity, content accuracy, and search relevance. Utilize analytics tools to monitor and understand website content performance and relevance. Monitor and report on key marketing performance metrics and develop recommendations and based on this intelligence.
- Perform quality assurance checks on the website for accuracy and performance.
- Develop campus policies, based on institutional priorities and strategies and industry standards and guidelines.
- Train and supervise staff as assigned.
- Develop working relationships with campus constituents, explain web design and purpose, and supervise campus web authors to ensure reliability and consistency of websites.
- Develop and implement training for campus constituencies including professional development on such topics as social media; identify problem areas, develop solutions, and create online resources.
- Maintain currency in technical knowledge and understanding of practical web design, management of websites/locations, and new trends in web development and electronic communications.
- Prepare software documentation and recommend changes and improvements; test new software, and create documentation for the implementation of new or modified application software.
- Maintain inventory and license information as needed, order materials, and manage day-to-day operations as required.
- Supervise projects and/or manage daily operations of a project as assigned, which may include development and maintenance of project management information and documentation, such as task lists, charts, specifications.
- Participate in institutional professional development and training.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
MSOE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- 5-7 years of experience using Web content management systems and user experience.
- Strong understanding of Google analytics and other analytics tools to interpret, make recommendations, and drive optimal site performance.
- Established project management experience and strong organizational and communications skills.
- Basic HTML and/or CSS experience.
- Bachelor's degree in user experience, media/web design, technical or visual communication, marketing or a related field.
- Applicable work experience in higher education.
- Expertise with visual design techniques and Web usability principles.
- Visual design skills blended with information architecture, accessibility, and interface design principles.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to monitor and manage workflows to meet deadlines.
- Confident communication, presentation, and listening skills.
- Great attention to detail, editing, and proofreading.
- Creative abilities in finding interesting and effective ways to present information and to generate new ideas.
- Proficient with standard graphic design tools including Photoshop.
- Knowledge and experience with search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM) techniques to improve Web site traffic.
- Ability to use Google Analytics to monitor and report on content performance.
- Basic experience with photography, video production, and nonlinear editing is a plus.
|Compensation & Benefits||