|Company||Milwaukee Food & City Tours
At Milwaukee Food & City Tours, our passion is firmly rooted in food and Milwaukee. For the past 10 years, we've been offering delicious walking and bus tours exploring neighborhoods originally settled by Italian, Irish, Polish and German immigrants. Our tour guides provide historical commentary and point out architectural highlights and cultural hotspots, while allowing our guests to sample flavors from restaurants along the way. Please visit our websites for more in-depth details about the many tours that we offer to locals and tourists alike.
Have a strong appreciation for Milwaukee? A high energy & confidence to lead tours in a timely, witty and intelligent fashion? An ability to communicate and interact well with others? OK with 16 sets of eyes looking to you for direction? If you answered YES and have a passion for food, you may be our ideal candidate!
We are in search of excellent tour guides who can:
- Lead walking and bus tours in a timely, witty and intelligent fashion
- Communicate and interact well with guests and vendors alike
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to work in situations of flux
- Be available to lead weekday and weekend lunchtime tours
We are primarily seeking candidates with excellent weekend and weeknight availability. Candidates without weeknight and weekend availability may apply, however, must be committed to working at least 2 - 4 weeknight or weekend tours each week.
*** Be sure to indicate in your cover letter your level of availability to lead tours, along with any significant spans of vacation dates or weekends that you would need off in June/July/August/September. ***
- Our ideal candidate will have a theater background or public speaking
- Cooking professionals, and public relations and marketing professionals/reporters with food and dining experience, are encouraged to apply
- Must have an ability to memorize lengthy script while also being able to adapt said script to the needs of each tour. Tour guides go through a lengthy training process in order to learn how to incorporate stories from the script into the tour in a casual and conversational manner.
- Must have an ability to work well independently
- Must have an ability to receive feedback on an ongoing basis
- Must contain a strong passion for Milwaukee
- Should be comfortable spending 3 hours in various weather elements (sun, heat, cold, rain, snow)
It is important to note that a significant portion of your time leading tours (about 75%) will be in trouble shooting - finding ways to accommodate a guest with food allergies, having patience when a guest needs to walk a little slower, and dealing with the many challenges that may arise with working with restaurants and other vendors on busy Milwaukee days and nights. We are seeking extremely flexible candidates that are calm and yet quick on their feet to resolve a problem when under pressure.
|Compensation & Benefits||
We pay $16 an hour, plus you may earn gratuities from tour attendees.