|Title||Account Supervisor, Consumer Lifestyle | Health & Wellness
MWWPR is one of the world’s leading independent public relations agencies. With a fearless approach to PR, we push beyond the boundaries of expected thinking.
MWWPR focuses on six distinct practice areas in which our people have deep knowledge and understanding: Consumer, Technology, Corporate Communications, Public Affairs/Issues Management, LGBT, and Health and Wellness.
With eight offices across the US and Europe, our global network leverages dedicated strategy, data and analytics, social media, creative, and technology teams to help clients make the most of every opportunity. We flawlessly deliver communication plans that activate behaviors vital to our clients’ business—media placements, brand recommendations, product purchases, legislation and public opinion. In doing so, we ensure that our clients Matter More™ to their stakeholders who matter most.
Our Matter More™ approach is recognized year after year with top industry awards, including the Global SABRE Award, a Gold Fresh Award and “Highly Commended” by PR Week, "PR Agency of the Year" and “Company of the Year” by the International Business Awards, as well as "Top Places to Work in PR.”
To learn more about our capabilities and what we can do for you visit http://www.mww.com.
MWW has an opportunity for an Account Supervisor on the Consumer Lifestyle / Health & Wellness teamin our Chicago office.
This position serves as a primary day-to-day client contact, provides support to account team(s) and helps manage the flow of work and information. The AS maintains a thorough understanding of client business(es) and how to translate that knowledge into strong public relations counsel to different levels of client contacts.
Additionally, the AS helps lead the execution of media relations initiatives and in managing the development of press materials and client assets. The position also helps guide the management of entry-level talent. This role includes supporting integrated campaigns, a working knowledge of social influence, emerging digital platforms and creative problem solving.
What Is Included:
- Serve as a key day-to-day client contact; anticipate client needs and prepare in advance
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion on time and within budget
- Proactively generate new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success
- Help develop and write strategic memos and client presentations
- Provide client counsel on tactical matters, linked to strategic plans
- Maintain relationships with media and influencers and participate in proactive outreach to generate client thought leadership opportunities
- Manage development of press and digital assets, leverage relevant data and insights to create PR opportunities
- Understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client
- Instruct entry-level staff in the areas of media relations and writing/document creation
- Plan and execute media relations programs, events and launch activities; lead media relations efforts and initiatives
What You Have to Have:
- 5 - 7 years of public relations agency experience
- Ability to identify and create thought leadership opportunities for consumer client executives
- Brand experience in one or more of the following categories: consumer lifestyle, food and beverage, sports and fitness, or health and wellness
- Lifestyle, food and CPG media contacts
- Excellent media relations skills and knowledge of identifying and maintaining social and cultural influencer relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Can work independently and within a team and a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Ability to lead multiple projects and interact with senior level clients
- Can solve problems, think strategically and creatively
- A bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field
Success Factors (and Other Details):
- Smart, dedicated, creative, team player, with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong media relations experience developing deep relationships with media and regularly securing quality placements for clients
- Ability to proactively “manage up” to senior management
- Ability to travel as needed for client meetings and events
|Compensation & Benefits||