|Title||Copywriting & Social Media Assistant (24 hrs)
Rawhide is a faith-based residential treatment center that has been in the business of helping at-risk youth for over 40 years. Located on the Wolf River in Northeastern Wisconsin, Rawhide’s campus is situated on 575 acres, 30 minutes west of Appleton, Wisconsin.
Rawhide was founded in 1965 by John Gillespie and his wife, Jan. They had a vision for a better way to reach out to troubled teenage boys. Former Green Bay Packer quarterback Bart Starr, and his wife, Cherry, joined the Gillespie’s to help start Rawhide's first home. Currently Rawhide has six boys’ homes on campus, with up to 10 at-risk boys in each home. Boys' ages range from 13-18 years.
Rawhide provides counseling for the boys and their families, plus innovative academic and work experience training, and a strong staff commitment to help boys gain self-respect and a better way of life. More recently, Rawhide has added outpatient counseling centers in Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Appleton to meet the needs of youth and their families. Rawhide employs more than 140 employees and offers a competitive benefits package.
This position supports Rawhide’s marketing efforts by writing for different audiences and marketing materials including blogs, brochures, direct mail, and email marketing as needed.
This position supports Rawhide’s marketing efforts by developing, scheduling, and tracking social media content across multiple profiles. The Copywriting and Social Media Assistant will be responsible for leveraging measurement tools to provide progress reports on social media engagement and reach, and is responsible for writing 3-4 blog posts per month. Must be an excellent writer who understands how to write for the web, convey the Rawhide voice and mission, and have a basic understanding of keyword strategy in writing headlines and content. This position will report to Rawhide's Content Marketing Manager.
This is a part-time position regularly scheduled to work 24 hours/week.
- Excellent writing skills, especially for the web (samples may be requested)
- Experience planning social media content and schedule for a business
- Experience with social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, and Pinterest
- Basic understanding of keyword strategy in headlines and content
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- Knowledge of active vs. passive voice, writing tight, and keeping audience engaged
- Experience with SproutSocial, Facebook Insights, or other social media analytics
- Design experience in Adobe Suite or HTML
|Compensation & Benefits||
Compensation based on experience.
Benefits include Paid Time Off, on-site cafeteria.