|Company||Nelson Schmidt Inc.
|Title||Public Relations Account Supervisor
About Nelson Schmidt Inc.
Recognized by the UK’s Campaign Magazine as one of the “World’s Leading Independent Agencies” for 2016, Nelson Schmidt Inc. is a full-service marketing communications agency with offices in Milwaukee’s central business district and downtown Madison, Wis. The agency serves global clients within select considered purchase industries including Alliance Laundry Systems, Honeywell, McKesson, The Water Council and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation. Nelson Schmidt is a member of MAGNET, the Marketing & Advertising Global Network of 300 agencies in 70 countries, American Advertising Federation, Public Relations Society of America, and the Association of National Advertisers/Business Marketing Association. For more information call 800-689-7721 or visit NelsonSchmidt.com.
Nelson Schmidt is seeking a public relations professional with seven- plus years of PR experience to join our Madison office team. In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate must possess excellent verbal, writing and editing skills. The ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects with various clients is imperative. Understanding of social media platforms and basic Microsoft office programs is required. Past experience within an agency or corporate PR environment is preferred.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead a PR account team in developing client proposals and executing communications programs.
- Effectively communicate with clients and team members in a timely manner.
- Own client relationships.
- Write and edit a variety of informational materials including bylined articles, white papers, case studies and press releases.
- Provide direction to junior team members on media relations strategies and programs.
- Event management, including press conferences and promotional events.
- Maintain strong relationships with editors and reporters.
- Assist PR director with new business development efforts.
- Assist with development and mentoring of junior talent.
Key Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- Seven-plus years of public relations experience in agency or corporate PR environment.
- Superb writing abilities and experience with different writing rubrics including AP style.
- Responsible for meeting timelines and budgets.
- Ability to grasp multiple issues across multiple industries within tight deadlines.
- Effective communicator with clients and team members.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Team player with “can do” attitude.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Proven understanding and effective use of social media platforms and communications tools.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Excellent salary and benefits including health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plans, and paid vacation including Christmas to New Year’s off.