|Title||PR and Communications Intern
|Region||Twin Cities Metro
Why Sleep Number?
We’re passionate about improving lives through innovative sleep solutions. Join Sleep Number as we create a new future: a world with connected sleep at the center of well-being.
- Proud to be one of Forbes America’s Most Trustworthy Companies
- 550 Sleep Number® stores with more than 3,800 employees nationwide
- Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with manufacturing and distribution facilities in South Carolina and Utah
- Innovator in smart bed technologywith Silicon Valley-based SleepIQ® LABS
- Exclusive owner of the end-to-end experience: manufacturer, marketer, retailer and servicer of the Sleep Number® bed
- More than $1.3 billion annual revenue in 2016
The PR/Communications Intern will work with the PR/Communications team to develop and implement aspects of public relations projects that support strategic business and marketing objectives.
Working within the broader Public Relations/Communications team to assist with a wide variety of projects, to include, but not limited to:
- Support the development of media materials, including news releases, media alerts, backgrounders, media pitch documents
- Employee communications materials
Conduct research projects that support the development of materials, including fact sheets, media statements and FAQs
Assist with media relations: follow-up with key media, prepare background information
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university; must be at a Junior or Senior level student
- Working towards completion of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, marketing, English, graphics, web design, communications or related field.
- Previous internship experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work well within a team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and systems
- Interest in retail a plus
|Compensation & Benefits||
Internship goal timing: 20-40 hours per week from June 25, 2017 to August 25, 2017.