|Title||Corporate Communications Manager
LYONSCG is the industry’s premier eCommerce Digital Agency, serving brand, retail, and B2B organizations with tailored eCommerce solutions that maximize online potential. Headquartered in Chicago, the firm offers a full range of services beginning with Digital Strategy and Digital Marketing and extending through Experience Design, Platform Implementation, Application Development, Hosting and Support. The approach is holistic—to provide every client with a creative, robust and increasingly profitable eCommerce website. LYONSCG is eCommerce Realized!
The Corporate Communications Manager will be responsible for driving awareness and thought leadership for LYONSCG among critical external audiences through public and analyst relations, social media, partner marketing and client marketing activities and programs.
The right person for this role will be strategic and entrepreneurial with an ability to juggle multiple, simultaneous programs and campaigns across industry verticals, commerce platforms and LYONSCG practices. He/she will partner with various leaders and subject matter experts across the company to develop strategies and content that drive awareness of our company, services, people and clients across the industry and to key audiences. This is a senior-level, hands-on role that may have direct reports in the future. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that is resourceful and results-driven, capable of developing a strategy and plan and executing upon it.
PUBLIC RELATIONS AND MEDIA RELATIONS:
- Develop public relations strategy and plan, including target publications, content strategy and press release calendar
- Write press releases and media alerts announcing new clients, site launches, partnerships and company milestones; manage distribution and conduct media outreach to secure coverage in relevant publications and news forums
- Develop and maintain database of key reporters; develop relationships with key contacts
- Track media coverage for the company, our clients and our competitors
- Collaborate with content marketing strategist to develop content for byline articles and blog posts
- Track speaking opportunities and collaborate with subject matter experts to develop abstracts for submissions
- Identify opportunities for subject matter experts and senior management to collaborate with and influence editorial content, including arranging interviews and placing byline articles
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING:
- Lead and maintain the company’s social media strategy including calendars and campaigns for all social marketing platforms and blogs
- Track social media metrics and drive engagement
ANALYST RELATIONS AND INFLUENCER MARKETING:
- Develop and maintain database of industry analysts and influencers
- Develop communication strategy for influencers with the goal of increasing awareness and gaining mindshare
- Manage relationship with analyst firm, tracking and sharing relevant industry reports and data and ensuring that we are optimizing available resources to meet company goals
CLIENT COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING:
- Collaborate with customer success team to track client engagements and references and incorporate information into PR plan press release calendar
- Collaborate with broader marketing team on the development of client case studies and videos, and to promote client success stories on the company website, events and other marketing vehicles and programs
- Collaborate with content marketing strategist on the development of a quarterly client newsletter
- Collaborate with customer success team on the development and management of a client advocacy program
- Collaborate with content marketing strategist on the development of a quarterly partner newsletter
- Perform other tasks and duties as directed by one’s supervisor in achievement of the Department and Company as directed.
- B.A. or B.S. in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or Similar
- Minimum of 8 years marketing experience with hands-on knowledge of client-side public relations and analyst relations, preferably in a technology environment.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to craft a compelling storyline
- Experience writing press releases, case studies and blog posts
- Excellent interpersonal skills; comfortable working across teams and functional areas, as well as with external parties
- Knowledge of social media channels
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Strong project management skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
A self-starter who is creative, resourceful and results-driven, and not afraid to ask questions, share ideas and make suggestions
|Compensation & Benefits||