Discover Mediaworks was founded in 1987 with just one product, firmly focused on a single vision: helping an entire region Discover Wisconsin by telling its most captivating stories via the most impactful medium of the time—broadcast television. Over the years, the company expanded this mission to tell other stories through TV programming, corporate video, brand development and marketing communications.
Discover Mediaworks is seeking an exceptional team member, who will execute various digital/online projects with passion and competence.
This position works developing internal and client website projects. Main duties include CMS user interface development, design and build of website structures, deployment of web projects as well as maintenance and support for all projects as outlined in individual contracts.
Support of interactive projects, development and tools used in website efforts:
- Translate visual designs, content and functionality into appealing websites and user interfaces
- Apply industry best practices for usability, performance, scalability, design and maintainability
- Develop user documentation, provide client training on completed website projects
- Maintain repository of code snippets, assets, tools and accounts necessary for all projects
- Develop methods for ongoing improvement in process, tools and structure
- Educate team members on tools, functionality and methods to create a well-rounded understanding of web development
Support in team meetings, project sheduling & process improvement:
- Problem solve areas that need improvement
- Develop metrics for measuring efficiency in projects
- Provide end of project assessment of successes, areas of concern and methods to improve on those areas
Required skills include:
- Knowledge of basic HTML/CSS Strong QA ability and experience Familiarity with WordPress
- Rock-solid project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Experience with version control PHP knowledge Mobile development knowledge
|Compensation & Benefits||
Full time salaried positions are based on experience and include vacation, health benefits, 401k & group life insurance in accordance with Discover Mediaworks policy. Freelance work will be paid based on negotiated rates and terms.