|Title||Technical Project Manager
Hiebing, founded in 1981, is a full-service marketing communications agency located in the heart of Madison, WI and was named Ad Age's 2015 Small Agency of the Year, Midwest. The agency has expertise in branding, content development, public relations, social media, digital marketing and media planning and clients include local, regional and national brands with b2c and b2b target markets.
Hiebing is seeking an experienced technical project manager to serve as the lead on a variety of digital projects, including website production, mobile applications, email, social and integrated marketing campaigns for our clients. The technical project manager is the liaison between our clients and the technical and creative teams. In this role, you’ll be responsible for first gathering/analyzing data and client requirements, then working with the technical team to create and deliver a plan that meets those requirements. Next, you’ll run logistics on the project and oversee the team’s efforts to carry out the plan you created in a timely and profitable way. Finally, you’ll deliver the finished product to the client and work to ensure client satisfaction.
A successful technical project manager at Hiebing is a helpful mentor, team partner and client partner all rolled into one. You must have a solid understanding of agile methodologies, a passion for technology and the digital space, and intelligently speak the language and interpret and document technical requirements. Previous familiarity with digital marketing tactics, technologies and vendors preferred.
- Obtain a holistic understanding of client goals and objectives in order to intelligently scope projects, including functional requirements, third-party software integration and dependencies, goals, deliverables, schedule and budget
- Collaborate with the Client Services and Digital teams Utilize a strong knowledge of the web development processes, technologies and standards to create detailed project plans
- Manage the execution of digital projects from start to finish and put learnings into action for future projects Manage cross-functional teams
- Work to ensure resources are in place
- Holds others accountable for deliverables
- Manage, monitor and maintain the project scope, and communicate status of scope to team members
- Polite but assertive—able to take charge and drive progress
- A bias for action and hustle
- Able to juggle multiple projects, work within deadlines and budgets and proactively manage them in a fast-paced agency setting
- Strong background in digital web development (basic understanding of HTML, JS, CSS, PHP, MySQL and web infrastructure)
- Knowledge or experience with agile methodologies
- Passion for online marketing and staying current with relevant industry issues and trends
- Can deliver instructions in a clear and concise manner, providing proper materials and documentation when necessary
- Can think clearly and diplomatically when participating in a discussion to field complex or sensitive questions from internal groups
- Experience with Jira and Confluence a plus
- Agency experience desired
|Compensation & Benefits||
Competitive salary with excellent benefits including 401(k), cash and deferred profit sharing.