|Company||Nelson Schmidt Inc.
|Title||Public Relations Senior Account Executive
About Nelson Schmidt Inc.
Recognized by the UK’s Campaign Magazine as one of the “World’s Leading Independent Agencies” for 2016, Nelson Schmidt Inc. is a full-service marketing communications agency with offices in Milwaukee’s central business district and downtown Madison, Wis. The agency serves global clients within select considered purchase industries including Alliance Laundry Systems, Honeywell, McKesson, The Water Council and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation. Nelson Schmidt is a member of MAGNET, the Marketing & Advertising Global Network of 300 agencies in 70 countries, American Advertising Federation, Public Relations Society of America, and the Association of National Advertisers/Business Marketing Association. For more information call 800-689-7721 or visit NelsonSchmidt.com.
Nelson Schmidt is seeking a public relations professional with a minimum of 5 years of PR experience to join our Milwaukee office team. In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate must possess excellent verbal, writing and editing skills. The ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects with various clients is imperative. Knowledge of social media platforms and basic Microsoft office programs are required. Past experience within an agency environment is required.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as liaison on a daily basis with clients and the media, often via telephone and email.
- Monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs for opportunities for clients.
- Work as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement various PR tactics.
- Write and edit a variety of informational materials including bylined articles, white papers, case studies e-books and press releases.
- Provide direction to junior team members on all public relations tactics as outlined by the PR Supervisor and VP.
- Assist with mentoring and development of junior staff.
- Work cohesively with other departments within the agency to ensure a successful integrated marketing approach.
- Prepare regular client reports and attend client meetings.
- Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media.
- Promote news stories and features to the media.
- Event management, including tradeshows and promotional events.
- Attend and promote client events to the media.
- Maintain strong relationships with editors, reporters, clients and team members.
Key Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of public relations experience or equivalent in an agency environment.
- Superb writing abilities.
- Ability to grasp multiple issues across multiple industries within tight deadlines.
- Effective communicator with clients and team members.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Team player with “can do” attitude.
- Proven understanding of developing estimates and managing budgets.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Excellent salary and benefits including health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(K) plans, and paid vacation including Christmas to New Year’s off.