|Title||Communications & Press Manager
Milwaukee Film is a nonprofit arts organization dedicated to entertaining, educating, and engaging our community through cinematic experiences. In addition to our annual 15-day Milwaukee Film Festival, Milwaukee Film provides a number of year-round opportunities for film lovers, filmmakers, and educators.
Want to be part of the exciting 2017 Milwaukee Film Festival? Milwaukee Film is searching for a Communications and Press Manager to join our full-time, year-round team. This position is responsible for two very important things: working with media interested in telling Festival-related stories and helping to create our program book (the bible of the festival).
That means you’ll need to have experience working with reporters, editors, and news directors and in placing ads in print, radio, TV, and digital formats. You’ll also need to be familiar with coordinating the team effort it takes to build documents as big as our 100-page plus program book. It’s a big job, but rewarding, requiring grace under pressure.
- Serve as project manager for the 104-page Milwaukee Film Program Book
- Manage Program Book seasonal staff
- Manage media relations (write press releases, create our press strategy and timeline, run festival press accreditation process, etc.)
- Negotiate and manage relationships with advertisers and media sponsors to ensure deadlines are met
- Support creation of marketing and advertising plans to promote Milwaukee Film's mission and programs to targeted audiences
- Help manage Marketing Department budget
- Collaborate with all departments to support any marketing needs and ensure inclusion in overall annual marketing strategy for Milwaukee Film
- Oversee the usage of consistent brand identity for Milwaukee Film
- Initiate external cross-promotional partnerships to increase brand awareness and support audience development
- Prepare reports with metrics and qualitative details to evaluate the effectiveness of current marketing efforts
- Oversee the development of marketing support materials to assist staff in sales and promotion efforts before and during the Milwaukee Film Festival
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or Public Relations preferred
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and project management skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Competence with Google Apps, Microsoft Office required; FileMaker Pro preferred
- Enthusiasm for our festival and organizational mission
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage volunteers, interns, and seasonal staff
|Compensation & Benefits||
This is a full-time, year-round salaried position paid on a biweekly schedule. Milwaukee Film’s offices are open from 9 AM – 5 PM weekdays. Additional night and weekend hours will be necessary for events as well as in the lead-up to and 15-day duration of the annual Milwaukee Film Festival. Salary will be commensurate with rank of hire based on experience and qualifications. Offered benefits include: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; flex spending account; employer-paid parking; paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick days).