|Company||Godfrey & Kahn, S.C.
|Title||Marketing & Communications Coordinator
We think business.
Godfrey & Kahn provides high-level service and creative legal solutions to its clients. For nearly 60 years, our attorneys and staff have been guided by five core values originally set forth by our founders: A focus on our clients' success, trust in one another and our clients, a culture of team work that helps us achieve more together, a work ethic to achieve whatever is possible, and an integrity that keeps us focused on the right thing to do for our clients, our employees, and our communities.
Our firm was founded on a simple idea - judge our success by the success of our clients. We serve clients by first understanding their business and their needs, and then by offering strategic legal advice and smart, practical solutions to real world problems. Our attorneys are quick to collaborate in the interest of client success and service their needs with efficiency and responsiveness. With six locations across Wisconsin and in Washington D.C., our attorneys have made it a point to become an integral part of the communities they serve. Whether we are taking on pro bono cases, supporting environmental causes, or offering university scholarships to promising students, we're proud to be strengthening bonds with our neighbors, within our firm, and in our global business community.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator promotes positive visibility, awareness, and coverage of the firm. This person will work with various practice groups to identify and execute on certain marketing and business development initiatives, and will also be responsible for designing and creating copy for various announcements, brochures, and advertisements. This person will provide support to other members of the Marketing Team with web site, graphic design, events, and other digital marketing projects.
- Provide overall marketing/business development support for assigned practice/industry/specialty groups, attorneys, and office teams.
- Work with attorneys, practice groups, and office location representatives to identify and respond to various media opportunities (e.g., pitching article ideas to reporters, seeking speaking and writing opportunities).
- Develop copy for and design comprehensive communication pieces that support our brand and our business strategy.
- Respond to media inquiries by placing the appropriate firm personnel in contact with reporters.
- Monitor market trends, editorial calendars, and other opportunities.
- Write and distribute firm press releases and media alerts.
- Maintain and update company public relations contacts and media databases.
- Assist the Marketing & Media Technology Coordinator with social media initiatives.
- Write and submit nominations for honors and recognition programs.
- Provide research and analysis for public relations projects, track efforts and prepare quarterly summaries of successful and on-going efforts to be communicated with appropriate firm management.
- Assist with client events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years public relations experience; design agency experience a plus
- Proficient in graphic design programs (Adobe creative suite- InDesign and/or Illustrator) Social media knowledge and experience Advanced MS Office experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Able to take initiative and work independently.
- Excellent consultative and consensus-building skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional client service skills – “can-do” attitude, willing to “go the extra mile”.
- Possesses a highly professional demeanor and the ability to positively represent the firm
- High level of creativity, an ability to think outside the box.
- Displays enthusiasm and self-confidence.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional level of dependability.
- Some travel to other offices required.
- Some evenings may be required.
|Compensation & Benefits||