|Company||Milwaukee Catholic Press Apostolate
Publisher of the Catholic Herald, three separate diocesan newspapers for the Catholic community of southeastern Wisconsin, Madison diocese, Superior diocese and the Wisconsin Pastoral Handbook.
Development of editorial content for print and web. You must understand the importance of social media and have a multi-platform approach to news coverage.Some evening and weekend assignments.
The editor/reporter generates news and feature stories for each edition of the Catholic Herald, as well as for special sections. The editor/reporter is expected to be in the field talking with priests, deacons, and lay leaders of parishes and schools in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. Specifically:
- Generate four news and/or feature stories per week, from at least 2 different counties of origin.
- Write 4 news shorts and/or stories for the website daily.
- Develop 2 social media postings daily for possible use
- Participate in editorial meetings, generating ideas for news/feature stories.
- Be responsible for compiling “news briefs,” round-ups, calendar each, etc., issue, as assigned.
- Assist in the proofreading process.
- Develop and pitch 1 idea for potential multi-part “series” each quarter and write stories as assigned.
- Develop, write and edit stories for special editions like Family or Mature Lifestyles.
- Take print quality photographs to accompany print and digital stories, as well as photographs for social media.
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field required.
- Experience with WordPress and page design a plus.
- Knowledge of the Catholic Church teaching essential.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Benefits available first of the month following 30 days of employment.