|Company||Northwoods Web Solutions
|Title||Front End Developer
Northwoods Web Solutions delivers strategic, best-in-class digital marketing plans and web solutions for organizations and companies seeking digital differentiation in the Midwest and throughout North America. With 40 employees and a marquee list of client-partners, our mission for the past 20 years has been to offer quality web site solutions for the manufacturing, healthcare, consumer, entertainment, education, government, non-profit and professional services markets.
Who we're looking for...
- You can write clean, cross-browser-compliant HTML5 & CSS3
- You can get around in Photoshop and have an eye for design, usability & typography. Design skills are a plus
- You attend to details
- You like to write reusable and modular code
- You are always learning, perfecting your craft, and striving to do more with less code
- You follow user experience and design trends and like to share what you learn
- You are an innovator and enjoy collaborating in a team environment
- Family is important to you and want to work with like-minded people
- You believe work should be fun and you should enjoy going to work every day (Because we do.)
What you'll be doing...
- Interacting with team members and clients to design web sites of all sizes
- Transforming Photoshop designs into interactive HTML5 & CSS3 layouts
- Creating interactive prototypes
- Configuring layouts and settings in our content management system
- Performing unit and device testing
- Assist with sales efforts for estimates, scoping, timelines, and budget
- Writing style guides/user manuals
- Sharing your opinions
- Posting funny comics on your office wall and sharing Youtube videos with co-workers.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
If you've been to design school, great! If you have had software development training, great! If not, show us what you've done. If we're impressed, we will hire you. (Bill Gates never finished college.)
We build large web sites and portals, develop content and document management products, design stunning web sites, obsess over usability and user experience, and engineer half-million-dollar software systems.
Northwoods does its development work in-house. We are not a staffing firm. No new cubicle every six months. No bench. You work with the same 40 really smart people day-to-day. They're (mostly) very friendly and they all like beer. Projects change regularly so it's nevcer boring.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Travel is very limited and 98% in SE Wisconsin. We offer great benefits including 401(k), great salaries, free Starbucks coffee and parking, and professional development opportunities. Northwoods is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We have created a free and relaxed work environment. No micro management. You can do what you want with your work space, dress the way you want, and even work from home if you need to.
Our cultural values are built on the following 5 pillars:
- We learn something new each day
- We trust and value each other
- We hire people, not just skillsets
- Our families come first
- We each grow in our own way
All employees get two monitors, the latest hardware, free popcorn on Thursdays and the occasional lunch during collaboration sessions. No need to wear shoes around the office. The boss doesn't. We also have kids and dogs occasionally running around the office. (Yours are welcome if they don’t make too much noise.) We celebrate our client successes, believe in professional development, and empowering our people.