|Company||American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
|Title||Senior Director of Marketing Communications
AANA Mission: AANA advances patient safety, practice excellence, and its members’ profession.
AANA Vision: AANA will be a preeminent professional association for healthcare and patient safety.
AANA Core Values: Quality, Professionalism, Compassion, Collaboration, Wellness, Diversity
AANA Motto: Safe and effective anesthesia care.
Reporting to the COO and serving as an integral member of the AANA management team, the Senior Director of Marketing Communications is responsible for the development of AANA’s strategic marketing, brand and content strategies. Specific responsibilities include brand management, business development and corporate sponsorships; market research and planning; strategic direction of the organization’s content strategy; including website and email communications; and management of the day-to-day activities of the marketing and communications staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy, Vision and Leadership:
- Develop and implement an annual integrated marketing communications strategy and plan to advance AANA’s brand and value of CRNAs in industry, broaden awareness of and member loyalty to AANA and increase the value of AANA programs and services.
- Proactively conduct member and market research to fill gaps in knowledge and assess member needs and construct business plans for new and existing programs and services to grow membership and revenues.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive brand strategy to create a powerful, relevant and defensible position, strengthen factors that drive differentiation and serves as brand steward for AANA.
- Work in close collaboration with public relations, including communications planning, budgeting, and staff development.
Content Strategy & Publications:
- Identify challenges and emerging issues facing AANA and its members, and develop and lead a targeted content strategy that consistently delivers valuable and relevant information to key audiences.
- Oversee the development and distribution of AANA print, electronic and mobile communications, including publications, marketing and sales collateral, website and social media properties.
- Ensure all marketing communications are well-coordinated, integrated and support marketing plan goals/objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources.
- Recruit, manage and lead a marketing communications team to support the development and execution of the integrated marketing communications strategy and plan.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Mentor and develop staff.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assigning and measuring accountabilities, objectives and priorities.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the required knowledge and/or skills.
- Recent experience in leading content strategy or customer relationship management (CRM) strategies, with a solid understanding of market segmentation for customer acquisition, retention and cross-selling purposes.
- Ability to define and manage key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment, and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Must have the ability to work with and lead teams, high energy, a sense of humor and a high capacity for work
- Must work effectively with senior-level healthcare executives, clinical leaders and trustees.
- Solid research and computer skills; proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and CRM tools (preferably Aptify)
- Solid understanding of the digital landscape.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's prepared in business, healthcare administration, marketing or related descipline
- Minimum of 10-15 years' experience and demonstrated track record of accomplishments in integrated healthcare or association marketing and planning.
|Compensation & Benefits||