|Title||Sr. Physician Education Specialist/Meeting Planner
|Region||Twin Cities Metro
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
We are hiring a Sr. Physician Education Specialist/Meeting Planner to come and work within the growing Heart Valve Therapies product platform. Provide a world-class level of customer service on a day-to-day basis that represents Heart Valve Professional Relations as a leader in developing and delivering customer training programs, advisory type programs and individual customer visits. Work closely with managers on program logistics for Professional Relations. Work closely with faculty, as well as other managers on all logistics details of the program including travel planning, venue management, procurement, and budget management.
- Manage internal and external resources for Professional Relations Programs (National, Peer to Peer and other events) related to hotel sourcing, contracting, and arrangements, course materials, food and beverage requirements, meeting room and equipment set-up, audiovisual needs, transportation and lab support, to ensure program requirements are met.
- Partner with Professional Relations key individual customer visits to ensure agenda creation and hotel sourcing, contracting, and arrangements, course materials, food and beverage requirements, meeting room and equipment set-up, audiovisual needs, transportation and lab support, to ensure program requirements are met.
- Partner with Medtronic Conventions on Professional Relations Programs associated with key conventions and society meetings to assure support in compliance of society guidelines. Will serve as logistical lead for ‘in conjunction with’ type programs associated with but not a part of key conventions.
- Take initiative and use independent judgment to manage all meeting logistics on time and within budget. Manage program expenditures and reconcile program invoices. Prepare cost analyses for programs and make recommendations for cost savings and efficiencies.
- Manage International and US physician consultant travel and any necessary logistics.
- Develop consistent procedures across programs to enable field and customer clarity as well as quality control standards.
- Oversee and manage appropriate documentation, approval, and logistical support for Peer-to-Peer and National Professional Relation programs. Prepare, administer and summarize program evaluations. Provide statistics for customer and employee program metrics.
- Provide on-site staffing of programs (when appropriate) to implement and support meeting and educational activities to assure quality customer service throughout the programs. Responsibilities include supervision of registration, training of additional on-site personnel, and overall coordination of logistics. Some travel to programs is required.
- Create and maintain training and expense reporting records for training attendees and faculty. Work within Medtronic’s Business Conduct Standards (BCS), Compliance Systems and reporting tools to ensure accurate reporting.
- Maintain understanding of products, strategies, and business changes within the Structural Heart business unit in order to meet educational objectives and customer needs. Keep pace and benchmark system practices within CardioVascular Group business.
- Continually seek out and participate in self development activities.
- Participate in the planning of other educational activities as need (i.e. Resident’s program and other national meetings that include education initiatives)
- Assist manager in taking the lead on new process implementation initiatives.
- Represent organization as a prime contact on contracts and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of time
- Periodic weekend and evening hours
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer facing role that included meeting planning responsibilities
- Budget and vendor management experience
- Project management experience
- 6+ years in a meeting planning role
- CMP or other meeting planning certification
- Previous Medtronic experience
- Systems experience such as Salesforce.com, cvent, Excel
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
|Compensation & Benefits||