Hiebing, founded in 1981, is a full-service marketing communications agency located in the heart of Madison, WI and was named Ad Age's 2015 Small Agency of the Year, Midwest. The agency has expertise in branding, content development, public relations, social media, digital marketing and media planning and clients include local, regional and national brands with b2c and b2b target markets.
We are currently seeking an account executive to serve as the project lead in a majority of work within a client portfolio. A proven track record in project management is a must, to ensure thoughtful management of multiple projects across multiple clients, all within the time and budget expectations set by plans or proposals.
Through consistent, clear and thoughtful communication, on the phone, via email or in meetings, they will build respect and confidence that helps them become an extension of the client’s marketing team.
They will be responsible for maintaining high expectations for the Hiebing team, and will build goodwill that allows them to manage both positive and challenging client conversations. They will take the lead on solving on-time, on-budget challenges as they arise, share target insights, lead meetings internally and with clients, and supervise the daily work of their supporting account coordinator. They will also lead in training new, junior members of the team.
Account executives will also grow their strategic marketing acumen, learning to build target insights on top of client business awareness, to help fuel smarter marketing ideas and executions. They will keep current on client industry trends while they also become well-versed in Hiebing’s unique approach and marketing fundamentals. By doing so, they will grow to play an integral role in the management of annual planning cycles for clients. Account executives must be passionate about great work and ready to bring the highest level of integrity, standard of excellence and positive energy.
- Act as project lead and primary point of contact for client projects working across multiple client businesses
- Ensure quality in the tactical elements of project briefs for projects, including timeline and budget preparation
- Contribute to the strategic elements, such as Message Strategy, competitive knowledge and creative inspiration
- Own the progress and quality of deliverables, both internally and with client
- Ensure quality input for kickoffs and reviews, and develop foresight to anticipate and adjust process as needed, to reach optimal outcomes
- Keep client informed of project status, changes, etc. Always manage client expectations on deliverables, timelines and budget
- Ensure Hiebing work is properly communicated to clients—scheduling meetings where needed to ensure optimal review and discussion is achieved
- Obtain client approval at appropriate stages of project, keeping agency staff involved and informed
- Review all client correspondence prior to distribution and monitor timelines to ensure deadlines are met
- With input from strategy director or other senior staff, ensure strategic direction for assigned projects is achieved
- Establish your ability to articulate the needs of the target and the client within Hiebing
- Assist in the development of strategic planning documents, client-deep-dives, and marketing strategy
- Identify potential opportunities to add more value to client work/brands and serve as a leader in problem solving with client concerns as needed
- Understand and support synergy between all Hiebing functional teams (Digital, PR & Social Media, Insights, Creative and Media)
- Manage overall client budgets and oversee monthly billing with an eye to profitability and accuracy across significant project breadth
- Participate in internal Hiebing committees and new business pitches
- The successful candidate should possess at least two to five years of agency or brand management experience and the desire to learn more to become an even stronger marketer
- A marketing, strategic communications or consumer behavior degree is a plus
- You must be able to manage a high quantity of details with swift precision, be a self-starter, detail-oriented, critical thinker and comfortable being a hub of communication
- Experience managing multiple clients accounts and working with cross-functional teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment and ability to thrive under pressure
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- The ideal candidate should have a can-do attitude, curiosity, integrity and a We Before Me philosophy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including strong presentation skills
|Compensation & Benefits||
Competitive salary with excellent benefits including 401(k), cash and deferred profit sharing.