|Company||Milwaukee Kickers Soccer Club
|Title||Communications/Community Relations/Special Events Intern
Milwaukee Kickers Soccer Club (MKSC), a nonprofit organization and unifying force in the community, strives to enrich the lives of adults and youth in the Greater Milwaukee area by providing soccer to everyone no matter their size, shape, gender, race, or socioeconomic status. The club is one of the largest and most respected in the country serving more than 6,000 youth members through recreational and select teams in 15 regions across Southeastern Wisconsin each year. MKSC is committed to ensuring everyone can continue to play soccer while instilling a lifelong passion for the game.
The Communications/Community Relations/Special Events Intern will work with the Director of Marketing and Sponsorship, Coaching Staff, Membership Services and Uihlein Soccer Park team to assist during special events (membership events, community outreach initiatives, state tournaments, etc.) and to clearly communicate information to multiple club audiences.
Summer internship term is June 1 to July 28, 2017, 8 hours per week. Some evening and weekend hours as well as some additional hours per week will be required for tournaments and special events.
- Update existing social media accounts
- Brainstorm for current and future events
- Assist with community outreach initiatives
- Write blogs
- Take photos
- Work with event team for tournaments/special events (some evening and weekend hours required)
- College Student pursuing a communications-related degree
- Fluent in social media programs and practices
- Current on new social media platforms
- Work schedule flexibility (hours will vary per week due to special events)
- Vehicle, valid driver’s license and auto insurance (note - most hours will be spent at Uihlein Soccer Park)
- Team player who enjoys working with others
- Fast learner
- Responsible and deadline driven
- Outgoing and friendly
- Passionate about social media
- Outstanding communicator and writer
- Self-motivated and creative idea generator
- Sports fan (ideally, a soccer fan)
- Video experience preferred, but not required
|Compensation & Benefits||
Unpaid internship, opportunity to get great experience while working with a great team at Wisconsin's premier indoor/outdoor soccer complex.